Data Governance Manager
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Governance Manager, is focused on leveraging all of JUUL data assets to optimize our financial and regulatory reporting capabilities, promote data driven decision-making. This position is focused on ensuring consistent data quality; establishing data standards and governance; integrating data both operationally and analytically; ensuring consistency of metrics across reporting functions; and certifying data used for local and external regulatory reporting, remediation.
- Use a process-driven approach to identify key data elements (KDEs) that drive critical business activities
- Identify data quality issues and their causes through profiling reviews and root cause analysis
- Develop and implement robust data quality controls and monitoring that are required to secure data certification within a complex data environment
- Define and implement data security rules
- Work closely with business and analysts to understand data and business process
- Establish a standardized approach to capture and catalog metadata(business & Technical)
- Develop and implement data policies and procedures for the assigned business units
- Lead working groups and manage routine projects related to data governance to ensure that the business’s functional requirements are met
- Define and implement business process workflows using DG tools to enforce data governance
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced knowledge in Data Management & Governance tools such as Informatica AXON, IDQ, EIC
- At least one end-to-end data warehouse project in design, development, testing
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Oracle database, advanced SQL skills;
- 3-5 years of experience in business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau,
- 5+ Years of experience in data quality and work-flow implementation experience
- 10+ Years on IT industry experience
- Background in analytics, data visualization is a plus
- Experience with retail/consumer goods preferred.
- Extensive Data Quality architecting and hands-on experience
- Adapt and work in a fast-phased environment
- Must have Work in an agile development model
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or comparable industry experience required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top