Data Engineer - Infrastructure
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The data infrastructure team at JUUL builds and maintains our data platform and supports development across the analytics organization. The team is responsible for managing resources such as computing infrastructure, networking, databases, code repositories, deployment tools, ETL systems, data interfaces, security models, and monitoring. Our tools support data engineers, data scientists, and business intelligence analysts across the company.
We are seeking senior engineers with experience in devops and cloud infrastructure, preferably in support of data engineering or data science workflows. The team is small and each position offers substantial responsibility and ownership. The ideal candidate will be an independent problem solver who is motivated by the opportunity to design and scale systems from scratch.
- Excellent Python and SQL
- Expertise with GCP or AWS
- 4+ years in a software engineering or devops role
- Experience managing deployment workflows, automation, and CI tools
- Experience administering Docker repositories and Kubernetes clusters
- Advanced knowledge of cloud security
- Excellent Java
- Experience administering Spark clusters
- Experience building and scaling streaming pipelines
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top