Data Analyst - Product
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Across JUUL we think heavily about product and customer experience. We are extremely mission-driven, and believe that our customers deserve the best experience engaging with JUUL products. This position will support actions related to the digital purchase experience, product release usage patterns and consumer behavior. There will be fascinating questions as well as a wealth of data and tools at the analyst’s disposal. This person will be expected to engage with cross-functional stakeholders, including innovation, product and program on both the hardware and software sides of the business.
The ideal candidate will understand how to use sales, application, quality, and product behavior distribution data to inform actionable insights and empower a strong roadmap. The individual will be expected to drive excellence around data modeling, data empowerment and product testing. Moreover, Product testing and behavior change attribution methodologies will be a massive plus in helping this candidate succeed. A strong background in cohort analytic, distribution analysis, self-serve data methodologies, and excellent dashboarding approaches are expected to be a part of this analyst’s arsenal.
- Coding skills in Python and/or R
- Proficiency in advanced SQL, and data modeling
- Experience working with real-world data sets and product data feeds, to determine usage patterns
- Proven track record delivering end-to-end analytics data solutions that are performant, reliable, robust, and easy to maintain
- 2+ years applicable experience as a data and/or software engineer
- Experience with GCP, BigQuery, Airflow, Fivetran, dbt, Tableau, Mode will help immensely
- Tracking product launch KPIs and making recommendations on potential strategic changes
- Identifying explorable patterns in connected device data, including early user testing
- initial data modeling and scoping of device data payload
- Connecting buying patterns and behavior to product usage data
- Supporting international expansion and any changing data requirements
- Understanding device failure, leading to proactive prediction of potential quality issues
- Melding survey data and product usage to understand behavior switching
- Building and supporting pipelines for the hardware and software product team, including any machine learning models that will be used in business-applicable situations
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university or equivalent
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top