Calibration Engineering Specialist
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Calibration Engineering Specialist will be responsible for the company wide engineering calibration program. In addition, this position will help ensure that the engineering spaces are compliant with EH&S, OSHA, and FDA standards, regulations and documentation. The key to success in this role will be a positive attitude with the focus of supporting both our company’s business goals and helping ensure engineering compliance.
This position will support our various San Francisco Bay Area locations and will require travel between offices with flexibility to work remotely when not providing on-site support.
- Strong working knowledge of engineering calibration programs, documentation best practices and safety policies.
- Understanding and familiarity with OSHA, CAL OSHA, DOT and FDA regulations.
- Competent in R&D and Product Development practices, operations, and methodologies.
- Works with departments to acquire new equipment as needed, and drives CFT during investigation of out of calibration equipment and impact.
- Ability to maintain a document tracking system that would be audit able and compliant to both JUUL and industry standards.
- Vendor management along with PO and PR tracking.
- Oversee preventative maintenance program for engineering equipment.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work independently in both engineering and office environments.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in leading an engineering focused calibration program.
- An understanding of the audit process in a regulated industry.
- Familiarity with GSuite applications
- Hands on approach to problem solving and willingness to self-perform tasks
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- AA Degree and a minimum of 2 years of engineering compliance experience
- 4 years of calibration management experience in lieu of a degree
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Back to top