Business Development Manager
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) manages a territory of vape and traditional retail customers in a defined geographic area,
- The BDM is a pivotal role within the Switzerland sales team with responsibilities for developing and growing JUUL’s new product listings, distribution, rate of sale and retailer share of mind/voice through seamless execution of territory plans at store level,
- Performance in this role will be measured primarily by achievement of product listings, volume and sales growth, implementation and execution of training, trade programmes and in-store visual merchandising.
- Develop new business opportunities through regular store visits, product promotions, incentives including trade programmes and in-store events,
- Sell in/implementation of joint business plans, product listings, new customer acquisition and implementation of trade programmes and training schemes,
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key decision makers,
- Conduct staff training for vape customers and supporting Sales Director for Switzerland with staff training for major chain customer’s and distributor sales teams,
- Keep informed of and contribute to the development of the SwissVape Channel strategies,
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date market, commercial and customer records in Salesforce,
- Report on competitor information, new product developments, promotions and brand activities,
- Negotiate placement of POSM and fixtures. Ensure ongoing compliance,
- Negotiate, agree and manage trade programmes and engagement initiatives,
- Ensure initiatives are executed according to the agreed plan,
- Deliver agreed sales targets for assigned geography.
Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment,
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external,
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet,
- Persuasive and adaptable presenter,
- Driving license is required for this role.
- Experience working in a field sales or business development role in the Swiss FMCG sector,
- Experience working in the vape channel a plus.
- BA/BS degree preferred but not required.
- German as mother tongue and a good level of English.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them,
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates,
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success,
- Attractive compensation package, including market relevant benefits, such as car allowance and mileage per km, pension plan, accidental and life insurance, health care allowance, short term disability / sickness daily allowance etc.,
- Modern IT and communication tools,
- Zurich location with possibility to work from home.
Back to top