Vice President, Payments - Operations & Engineering
- New York, NY
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As the Vice President, Payments - Operations & Engineering, you will be responsible for ensuring that Justworks processes all payments and taxes accurately and on time—the lifeblood of Justworks. You will lead a separate, multifunctional unit that includes systems development and operations, business operations, vendor management, tax agency relations, internal support, and other resources that you need to accomplish your goals.
This general management role is about architecting a world-class system of people, systems and process that allows us to perform at the highest level and at rapidly increasing scale. You should have experience designing, building and optimizing complex systems, including those in a service-based architecture. You should be comfortable with the principles of operations management and how these concepts can be applied to increase the speed, efficiency and reliability of our processing capabilities.
You will report to our Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with other teams across Justworks.
What you'll do
- Design and implement workflow management and transaction processing systems that are fast, efficient, and reliable
- Improve and automate our existing operations to increase efficiency and reliability
- Remit tax payments and file tax returns accurately and on time to hundreds of tax agencies on behalf of thousands of small businesses
- Process payments accurately and on time, dealing with exception scenarios efficiently
- Manage relationships with payment processors, tax agencies, and third-party vendors
- Ensure the resiliency of our processing function including elimination of single points of failure, scenario planning, and drills
- Work with the internal audit function to develop and refine controls and to ensure that we are meeting our obligations
- Attract and retain world-class talent; build a high-performing organization
Who you are
- Direct experience managing operations and software development
- Technical leadership experience within the payments or payroll industry
- Experience managing a separate P&L or budget preferred
- Computer science degree preferred
- MBA a plus
- Six sigma or equivalent a plus
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top