- New York, NY
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Must love words. Justworks is looking for an experienced UX Writer / Product Content Designer to own and drive cohesive product narratives and a unified voice across our entire product. This role will help bring our brand to life consistently within our platform and will own the strategy and execution of product-related content and copy.
This is a truly cross-functional role. You’ll work closely with product designers, product managers, product marketers, compliance, content producers, sales, and other team members to ensure the right messages and information are getting to the right audiences.
You’ll play an integral role in shaping the user experience of our product. You’ll be responsible for structuring, designing, and creating user-centered content, to help ensure a seamless online experience for our customers. As a content designer, you’ll flex your UX expertise alongside Product Designers to understand our users and design simple, intuitive experiences that help users accomplish their goals. You’ll collaborate and advise on discovery and UX strategy, as it relates to content, information hierarchy, and the overall user experience. You’ll work with Product Design to incorporate content guidelines and best practices to create a cohesive Design System.
As the first and only UX writer, you’ll be responsible for owning copy and content design for our entire product. You’ll be required to develop deep technical expertise and domain knowledge across multiple, complex product areas and expertly manage competing stakeholders and priorities. This role will also be responsible for developing scalable and repeatable processes to ensure that product copy and content is high-quality, consistent, and cohesive across all touchpoints and interactions users have with our product. You’ll serve as a resource to other departments across the organization, helping others communicate in a way that is consistent with Justworks’s brand, voice, and tone.
What you’ll do
- Leverage content thoughtfully to co-create simple and intuitive user experiences that touch >75k users nationally
- Advise and collaborate on UX strategy; work alongside Product Designers, Product Managers, and Product Marketers to conduct research and workshops to inform how we build and design our product
- Develop and maintain Product Copy Guidelines and incorporate copy best practices into Justworks’ Design System to ensure consistency across all touchpoints with our users (in terms of copy, design, function)
- Flex a range of writing skills from technical to conceptual — develop technical expertise and domain knowledge across all functional areas of the product
- Hands-on copywriting with a UI/UX lens, focused on delivering engaging, well-crafted communications across multiple platforms (eg, in-app, email, sales collateral)
- Be a steward of brand voice consistency, maintaining and executing our evolving style guide
- Identify user communication needs and balance those with the brand, business, and legal requirements
- Partner with subject matter experts to explain products/tools/features to end users in an easy-to-understand manner
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to write, edit, and proofread customer-facing content or collateral
- Passionate about UX and the role content plays in the overall product experience
- Smart, solid portfolio of samples that show how you think and write
- A product mindset and track record of working well with and earning the respect of product teams
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-channel copywriting and UX experience
- Past work that demonstrates careful execution of a consistent and unique brand voice and tone
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to breakdown and simplify complex concepts into easy-to-understand messages
- Truly collaborative nature and eagerness to learn
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of the benefits/healthcare and/or HR space is a huge plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top