Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset—our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Justworks Product Designer, you will represent design and drive the design process on your cross-functional team of a Product Manager and Engineers to enhance our existing product suite and develop new features.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers’ needs. You are a well-rounded designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows but also dives into the interactions and visual details. You are comfortable sharing early and often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite. Our ideal candidate has a clean design sense, is a systems-level thinker, and is dedicated to molding complex, dry experiences into simple, delightful ones.
What you'll do
- Define—Work with product managers to identify and define product opportunities.
- Collect—Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Analyze—Brainstorm with your team, designers, and other departments to address the needs of our customers.
- Develop—Translate complexity into user-friendly experiences by journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and visually refining designs.
- Evaluate—Support design decisions by testing internally and leading user testing sessions with customers.
- Implement—Collaborate with engineers to refine all use cases and ship quality products.
- Iterate—Leverage feedback and data to iterate on the designs.
- Collaborate—While you will be on a cross-functional team, you will report to a product design manager and participate in design team reviews, inspiration sharing, and brainstorms.
- Contribute—Help shape our internal design system with consistency and efficiency in mind.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience designing web-based applications.
- You have a portfolio that shows us your process, a user-centered approach, and the results.
- You’re experienced designing web-based applications with an focus on tools or workflows.
- You're a problem solver and are able to communicate the reasons behind your design decisions.
- You appreciate the details, but you also explore broad perspectives.
- You have a passion for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, and usability heuristics.
- You believe in seeking feedback early and often from your coworkers and customers.
- You're quietly awesome, humble, thoughtful, and genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- You’re fluent in Sketch and other design tools (we use InVision).
- Experience designing SASS products a double plus.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Justworks's Employees
Olivia balances product design with user testing to create exceptional experiences. She works with the Creative Director and her fellow Product Team members to prioritize elegant solutions for what typically are complicated systems.
Back to top