Director, People Operations
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is the cornerstone position responsible for helping to solidify our culture every day in the way we value and support our employees and help the company grow. The Director, People Operations will work on projects that continue to position Justworks as one of the best places to work, while also building a world-class people operations function. As the ambassador of Justworks values, strong communication, interpersonal skills and empathy are traits we are looking for in the right candidate.
What you'll do
- Support the Justworks employee base as a partner, including employee relations, compensation analysis, benefits, perks, performance management and special programs
- Run a high-performing, efficient, and accurate People Ops team responsible for HR reporting, employment-law compliance, HRIS, health and safety, onboarding and termination, benefits administration, payroll, and visa processing
- Partner with managers and executives on the development and rollout of programs that solidify Justworks as a great place to work; champion their use internally
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and development to a growing team of 2: a Generalist and a Coordinator
- Own the compensation function including the annual salary and equity year-end process, leveling and competencies, and promotions
- Identify new benefits offerings that would be beneficial for Justworks employees; build consensus and data cases for their potential and performance
- Establish and reinforce best practices that drive employee engagement and retention
- Present to employees and managers on changes to Justworks benefits and programs
- Be available to our employees and managers as a sounding board and support resource
- Maintain strong working knowledge of federal and state employment laws/regulations
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People & Talent team to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Represent our core values in every employee interaction
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification (or equivalent) highly preferred
- 8+ years as an HR Generalist, HR Manager or HR Business Partner, ideally in a quickly changing and scaling environment
- 2+ years as a direct manager
- Extensive and comprehensive experience in employee relations
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with compensation processes (experience with Radford survey desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Model for compassion and integrity when interacting with others
- Organized, analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Detail oriented with a strong drive for accuracy
- Conflict management and solution capability (Win-win-approach for conflict solving)
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Justworks's Employees
Olivia balances product design with user testing to create exceptional experiences. She works with the Creative Director and her fellow Product Team members to prioritize elegant solutions for what typically are complicated systems.
Back to top