About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
Juniper Square serves two sides of the private capital markets, the investment managers (GPs) and the investors (LPs). The Fund Administration track aims at reducing the cost, time, and risk of error that investment managers currently experience when performing routine activities for a fund. We provide them enhanced workflows, and thus, enhanced productivity.
By automating these time-consuming tasks, customers are able to focus their efforts where their time is best spent: finding new investments in their preferred market and increasing their value for the benefit of their customers, the investors. We serve as a System of Record for them, replacing spreadsheets with a more structured approach that provides easier ways to fulfill their ongoing obligations to their investors. Our customers are often able to scale their assets under management by a factor of 2-4x, which is a key indicator of success for investment managers.
As a member of the Fund Administration team, you’ll have an opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including complex web-based workflows, systems responsible for transferring millions of dollars, and an ETL pipeline powering an analytics dashboard. You’ll work with AWS services and assist the engineering team in moving to a service-oriented architecture, write and tune high-performance code, enhance our GraphQL schemas, and architect solutions to protect our customers’ highly sensitive, private data.
About your role
As a senior full stack engineer at Juniper Square, you will collaborate with the product and engineering teams to build, test and deliver new features, from defining database schemas, to implementing the business logic, to building the UI. Specifically, you will:
- Own the full development lifecycle from software design to launch on our Python web application
- Have your hands on the entire software stack from the frontend to back-end services to the database
- Perform code reviews
- Build monitoring and reporting tools and automate routine operational tasks
- Provide technical support to the customer success team and help address production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience building web applications
- Expertise in Python (or other server-side web application development languages)
- Solid understanding of server-side MVC frameworks (like Django, Rails, Pyramid etc.)
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization is a plus
- Experience operating Linux clusters (Amazon Web Services is a plus)
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup