About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
Juniper Square serves two sides of the private capital markets, the investment managers (GPs) and the investors (LPs). The Fund Administration track aims at reducing the cost, time, and risk of error that investment managers currently experience when performing routine activities for a fund. We provide them enhanced workflows, and thus, enhanced productivity.
By automating these time-consuming tasks, customers are able to focus their efforts where their time is best spent: finding new investments in their preferred market and increasing their value for the benefit of their customers, the investors. We serve as a System of Record for them, replacing spreadsheets with a more structured approach that provides easier ways to fulfill their ongoing obligations to their investors. Our customers are often able to scale their assets under management by a factor of 2-4x, which is a key indicator of success for investment managers.
As a member of the Fund Administration team, you’ll have an opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including complex web-based workflows, systems responsible for transferring millions of dollars, and an ETL pipeline powering an analytics dashboard. You’ll work with AWS services and assist the engineering team in moving to a service-oriented architecture, write and tune high-performance code, enhance our GraphQL schemas, and architect solutions to protect our customers’ highly sensitive, private data.
About Your Role
As a senior software engineer at Juniper Square, you will collaborate closely with the product, design, and QA teams to build delightful user experiences that make complex workflows simple and intuitive.
You will be on a team composed of frontend, full stack, and/or backend developers, collaborating closely to implement features on the core product and various strategic initiatives.
Specifically, you will:
- Write high-quality code that is well-tested, secure, and maintainable.
- Participate in the architecture and system design for your team’s project
- Collaborate with the team to define the necessary interface (i.e. GraphQL schema) and build out the client application (using React and Apollo)
- Build reusable & extendable React components, contributing to Juniper Square’s design system
- Perform thorough code reviews, maintaining a high-quality bar and providing guidance for colleagues
- Participate in actively monitoring and addressing production issues
- Mentor fellow engineers on best practices regarding frontend development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience building single-page web applications in a modern framework (preferably React)
- Experience with modern web development technologies such as Typescript, React, Webpack, Apollo, Storybook, Jest, Cypress, GraphQL, Python and SQL database schema design is a plus
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup