About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
About your role
Juniper Square is looking for a creative and hands-on product designer who can help establish our product design function. As a senior member of our product development organization, you'll be involved in a wide range of activities, from customer research and product roadmap decisions, to designing and shipping new product features. You'll lead your own product development projects from start to finish, and also create design standards and resources that ensure design quality and consistency across our product development efforts.
What you'll do
- Working with colleagues from our product, sales, and customer success teams to understand customer needs
- Advocating for accessibility and for diverse viewpoints in our design process
- Designing innovative product solutions to customer goals, with a focus on ease-of-use, simplicity, and capability
- Creating specifications, wireframes, visual mockups, and/or prototypes as needed, depending on the project
- Collaborating with engineers to realize your designs in software
- Contributing to our design system for Juniper Square's web and mobile products
- Leading usability testing efforts as needed
- Supporting other team members by providing design feedback and guidance
- 4+ years of experience on product design or user experience teams for web or mobile applications
- Portfolio of desktop and/or mobile design work (enterprise or data-heavy design is a plus, but not necessary)
- Comfort working at a range of levels, from developing new product concepts to creating development-ready mockups
- Ability to make complex business tasks easy through user-centered design
- Strong listening skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We’d love to hear from you.