About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
About your role
Recruiting at Juniper Square is more than delivering resumes - we're the growth engine of our company. In addition to building great teams, we're tasked with fostering and growing our incredible and unique culture.
The Technical Recruiting team is hiring an experienced Manager to lead and grow the Technical Recruiting team. This role will report into our Group Manager of Technical Recruiting. At any given time, your team will consist of coordinators, sourcers, full cycle recruiters and contractors. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the team meets their goals, provides an unparalleled candidate experience, and are trusted advisors to our business partners. As we grow, managers contribute to the strategy of programs, processes, establishing best practices, and building a best-in-class talent organization.
What you'll do
- Lead, coach, and develop your team while ensuring the team is accountable for goals and metrics
- Truly care about your team members' engagement and success, and articulate a compelling team vision and attract diverse, top-tier talent.
- Lead full cycle recruiting for leadership searches for top talent across the engineering organizations. Jump into other searches as a player and coach as the business requires.
- Develop mutual relationships as a key business partner to the engineering and product leadership team.
- Use the ATS (greenhouse) and other tools (GEM, Ashby) to drive and assess the health of pipeline volume and velocity as well as data integrity and reporting
- Launch creative non-linear approaches to acquiring talent during high growth through partnerships, conferences, referrals, branding ensuring our candidate pipelines are both diverse, talented and represent the best technical and product expertise
- Partner with peers and leaders on the People department to continuously improve and achieve our overall goals
- Identify closing strategies for offers and proactively provide candidates with the right information to help make their decision as easy as possible
- Create and own an exceptionally positive candidate experience at every stage
- 6+ technical recruiting experience supporting engineering, not required but supporting product and design teams would be valuable as we grow. Familiarity with technology stacks, languages, terminology
- 2+ years experience managing and mentoring a recruiting team including recruiters, coordinators and sourcers, helping manage workload, resources and achieving goals
- Demonstrated experience developing processes and improving the operations of your team to support the scale and evolution of a company
- Motivated by finding and connecting with talent and matching talent with great opportunities. Demonstrated ability to engage and convert passive candidates
- You think like an owner: you don’t sacrifice the long-term for the short-term, take initiative, and strive to find new ways to contribute, manage our own productivity, and hold each other accountable to results
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and problem solve effectively. Focuses on the positive and sees challenges and change as an opportunity to pave the way forward
- Excellent representative of the company - professional, articulate, detail-oriented and knowledgeable
- Ability to organize resources, data, tasks, and people effectively and displays effective prioritization and use of resources based on new information
- Comfort communicating in various settings, leading meetings, presentations and with different types of stakeholders.
- Proficient with recruiting tools and ability to learn new tools, experience with greenhouse ATS would be valuable
- BA/BS degree required or years of relevant experience
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Professional development stipend
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you’ve just read! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Juniper Square's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.