About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
About your Role
Recruiting at Juniper Square is more than delivering resumes - we're the growth engine of our company. In addition to building great teams, we're tasked with fostering and growing our incredible and unique culture.
We are looking for a Principal Recruiter to lead Product & Design recruiting and join our fearlessly creative and data-driven recruiting team. You will be fully responsible for your assigned roles including building a growth strategy and leading full life cycle recruiting for our product and design teams. We are a values-driven team who believes in working together to accomplish goals, taking ownership and accountability for outcomes, and continually learning, growing, and developing in our careers.
What you'll do
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for product and design teams
- Be a trusted advisor by partnering with managers, directors, and executives to develop sourcing plans, improve processes, negotiate offers, and close candidates
- Create and own an exceptionally positive candidate experience at every stage
- Identify potential in candidates - versus only focusing on keywords in a resume
- Focus on the short-term recruiting goals while always building a long-term passive pipeline
- Use the ATS (greenhouse) and other tools (GEM, Ashby) to drive and assess the health of pipeline volume and velocity as well as data integrity and reporting
- Navigate problems or challenges with candidates, colleagues, or hiring teams with solutions and a team-oriented approach
- Develop relationships with managers, department leaders, and interviewers and set each person up for success in their roles throughout the hiring process
- Work with internal teams including compensation, onboarding, legal, finance to achieve department and company-wide goals
- Provide feedback to peers and leadership team enabling the recruiting department to continuously improve and achieve our goals
- 10+ years of technical recruiting experience with expertise in hiring for product and design teams, familiarity with technology stacks, languages, terminology
- Experience with ongoing relationship management with executive-level leaders
- Demonstrated ability to engage and convert passive candidates
- Demonstrable ability to successfully prioritize and close searches on time to meet recruiting goals
- Motivated by finding and connecting with talent and matching talent with great opportunities.
- Proven track record of success in scaling teams at a tech startup
- You think like an owner: you don’t sacrifice the long-term for the short-term, take initiative, and strive to find new ways to contribute, manage our own productivity, and hold each other accountable for results
- Excellent representative of the company - professional, articulate, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and problem solve effectively
- Ability to organize resources, data, tasks, and people effectively and displays effective prioritization and use of resources based on new information
- Experience building out recruiting process and procedure at an early stage company (preferred)
- Proficient with recruiting tools and ability to learn new tools, experience with greenhouse ATS would be valuable
- BA/BS degree required or years of relevant experience
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you’ve just read! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Juniper Square's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.