About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states and 2 Canadian Provinces. We also have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
About your role
This is a great opportunity to join a new initiative as we continue to build out and scale Juniper Square’s fund administration service, filling a substantial market gap in the fund administration space particularly among emerging managers. We are hiring a Fund Accounting Manager to join the team and report to the Senior Director of Fund Accounting. This role focuses on fund administration services, including fund accounting and reporting, to Juniper Square’s Private Equity / Real Estate customers. Additionally, you will be responsible for hiring, managing, and coaching a team of Fund Accountants (junior, mid, and senior level) and drive impact to the growing department. You will have a significant opportunity to contribute/shape the trajectory of the function and in so doing help to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Lead making strategic decisions regarding team buildout and operational policies and procedures
- Lead efforts in developing and improving fund administration workflows, applying best practices and process efficiencies
- Identify product development opportunities, routing technical, product feedback to the product development teams
- Hire, train and manage a team of fund accountants
- Interface directly with clients to deliver an outstanding client experience
- Serve as a technical accounting expert and key advisor on significant business/accounting decisions for the team
- Review and perform accounting, analytical, & financial reporting duties ensuring client and investor activity reporting is prepared and completed appropriately
- Prepare and review waterfall calculations, capital calls and distributions in accordance with clients’ Limited Partnership Agreements
- Prepare and review asset- and fund-level performance metrics (IRRs, TVPI, etc.)
- Prepare and review external client and regulatory reporting
- Oversee annual audits, including preparation and review of the initial draft of the annual audit report and related schedules and disclosures; assist with PBC list (Prepared By Client) and tax returns
- Research and provide guidance in interpreting the impact of recent accounting developments
- 7+ years of fund accounting experience with exposure to private equity, venture capital and/or real estate funds
- 2+ years of management experience with hiring, managing, training and building a team of fund accountants
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required. CPA is desirable, but not required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity within a hyper-growth, startup environment
- Experience with fund-level accounting and reporting including complex fund structures and consolidations
- Advanced understanding of complex accounting transactions, private equity investment structures, and reporting requirements for private equity funds
- Advanced knowledge of waterfall, performance metrics (IRRs), distributions and capital calls calculations
- Passion for technology and a desire to use technology to improve business operations
- Experience scoping out system requirements and implementing new systems
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $106,600 - $177,600. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend