About Juniper Square
We envision a world with radically expanded opportunities for investment and participation in private markets. Our mission is to unlock the full potential of investment partnerships. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, venture capital, crypto, and others make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
About your role
We are hiring 7 Fund Accountants to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced start-up environment to help build out Juniper Square’s Fund Administration service offering. Juniper Square is on a mission to transform the Fund Administration offering to Private Markets. We are more than a Fund Administrator, we are a Modern Fund Administrator. As a Fund Accountant you will partner with the customer, other members of the fund accounting team, and Investor Services and Fund Administration Onboarding teams to deliver fund accounting and reporting services to Juniper Square’s Private Market customers in the Real Estate, Private Equity, and Venture Capital space. You will have a significant opportunity to shape the trajectory of our service offering and in so doing help to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers. We are a team of values based self-starters with a curious mindset and the motivation to use technology to our advantage so that we are continually iterating and improving on the status quo. This is an opportunity to couple prior education and experience and to learn from some of the best talent in Private Markets.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to decision making regarding team operational policies and procedures
- Help to define fund administration workflows, applying best practices and process efficiencies
- Assist in training of team members on processes and monitoring client deliverables
- Interface directly with clients to deliver an outstanding client experience
- Perform accounting, analytical, & financial reporting duties; ensure client and investor reporting is prepared and completed timely and accurately
- Prepare waterfall calculations, capital calls and distributions in accordance with clients’ Limited Partnership Agreements as applicable
- Prepare asset- and fund-level performance metrics (IRRs, TVPI, etc.)
- Assist in preparing, compiling, and verifying external client and regulatory reporting
- Prepare financial information for stockholders/investor reports
- Support annual audits, including preparation of the initial draft of the annual audit report and related schedules
- 2+ years of direct audit or fund accounting experience in fund administration and/or in-house with exposure to Private Equity / Venture Capital, or Real Estate Funds
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Fundamental knowledge of general accounting rules and procedures for private investment funds, including experience with fund-level accounting and reporting (if exposed to Private equity funds)
- Exposure to waterfall, performance metrics (IRRs), distributions and capital calls calculations (if exposed to Private Equity Funds)
- Passion for technology and a desire to use technology to improve business operations
- Possess strong analytical skills required in reviewing, researching and resolving issues surrounding accounting and financial matters
- Health, dental and vision covered care for you and dependents
- Unlimited vacation and paid holidays
- Pre-Tax benefit programs for FSA and Commuter
- Home office productivity allowance & remote work stipends
- Mental Health coverage for you and dependents including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Fertility and Growing Family Support inclusive for all pursuits of parenthood - fertility, adoption, surrogacy and other family building avenues
- Recognition and Professional Development programs
- Career pathing and formal performance reviews on a bi-annual basis
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We’d love to hear from you.