About Juniper Square
We envision a world with radically expanded opportunities for investment and participation in private markets. Our mission is to unlock the full potential of investment partnerships. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, venture capital, crypto, and others make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
Juniper Square invests in a hybrid workforce and we offer three work modes: full time remote work from your home office, a hybrid of home and office work from one of our office hubs, currently in San Francisco and Austin, or full time work in an office hub. The company headquarters is in the Cloud and we invest in digital-first operations. We have communities of remote employees across the US and Canada, with more substantive local remote working communities in Seattle, Denver, Chicago and New York, but we are open to employees working in several states and provinces. We are happy to share with interested applicants where and how we work.
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
About the role
The Juniper Square engineering team is growing fast. As an Engineering Manager, you will build, lead, and develop engineering teams that can deliver a rapidly evolving software platform.
Your role is to collaborate with the leadership team to deliver on these objectives and support teams throughout the execution of both engineering and product roadmap projects while setting and maintaining a high standard.
About the Network & Services tracks
Juniper Square serves two sides of the private capital markets, the investment managers (GPs) and the investors (LPs).
The Network product development track is focused on building out a robust world-class experience for investors of all sizes. Our LP Network strives to make it seamless for LPs to onboard, use, and ultimately prefer the Juniper Square platform.
The Services product development track focuses on solving complex problems, building out new workflows, and automating operations around our fund administration services offering, the fastest-growing business unit in the company.
What you’ll do
- Be a leader on the team, influencing and empowering others to do their best work
- Collaborate with engineering leaders and technical recruiting teams to refine our hiring process and build a high-caliber engineering team
- Partner closely with the product and business teams to define and prioritize roadmap requirements
- Guide the planning process and effectively communicate with stakeholders to identify and resolve dependencies
- Provide context to your team and drive alignment towards the business objectives
- Support engineering teams in building and deliver high quality software, leveraging your software engineering expertise
- Build quality relationships team members, including direct reports, technical leaders, and other managers
- Coach and guide the development of engineers on your team
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and a strong ability to articulate complex ideas at both a conceptual and deeply technical level
- Proven ability to collaborate with product managers and engineers to build plans, set expectations, and successfully deliver projects
- An excellent technical background with a solid understanding of web applications and data modeling
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup