In a nutshell, the Production Intern will be involved in ALL things production including, but in no way limited to the following:
• Administrative functions of production.
• Daily check-ins with creative staff.
• Assisting the editing and marketing departments when needed.
• Sitting in on production meetings, taking notes.
• Assisting with shooting, editing and all other video production aspects of any and all shoots.
• Assisting with the casting process for video shoots (posting to casting websites, booking talent).
• Researching potential shooting locations.
What We're Looking For
• 1-2 years experience, and/or education in Digital Production with skillsets in time management, organizing, writing, editing and shooting video.
• Basic working knowledge of a video recording, including lighting, audio and camera work. Intermediate knowledge of Final Cut Pro, AVID or other post production software.
• A passion for all digital media platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat).
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and time management skills.
• An over-the-top optimistic, “go-getter” attitude willing to step in at any time when needed. The ability to learn on the fly and contribute right away.
• The ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
• The ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules and plans.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion.
About Jumpcut Studios
Jumpcut is an online education platform. We want to replace boring, lecture-style education with courses that are as addicting as your favorite TV show. Imagine if Netflix created educational courses: that's Jumpcut. We believe education shouldn't just be a means to an end. It should be so uplifting, so binge-worthy, and so damn entertaining, that it should keep you up all night, learning - and in the end, change your life for the better.
Our production intern is not intimated by the fast-paced nature of the business, and is a passionate, bright go-getter with strong intellectual curiosity. If you're the type of person that thrives on doing the dirty work and being a sponge who wants valuable production experience, this is the position for you! If this sounds up your alley, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you'd want to work with us.
This is a full-time, 3 month position in Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood area). If interested, please apply ASAP with your cover letter, resume and any showreel and/or demo reel links you have (please do not worry about a GitHub link). NO CALL OR EMAILS.
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hours: 40 hours/week
Pay: $2,000/month + Catered Lunch & Dinner every day
Back to top