Jumpcut is actively seeking a self-motivated, highly organized, jack-of-all-trades, Producer/Director/DP to join our growing team full-time, here in Los Angeles, CA.
AS A PRODUCER, WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING ABILITIES:
- Work closely with the Jumpcut creative team to develop insightful and interesting ideas for courses.
- Must have the ability to multitask and oversee the schedules of cast and crew, know when to outsource and when to use internal crew, as well as stay within the budgetary restrictions
- Working knowledge and the ability to foster relationships (pre-existing included) with the following sites: Actor's Access, LA Casting, Cast It Talent, Now Casting, Backstage, etc is key.
- Having an eye for talent on screen is just as important as the talent behind the camera, so finding the right people to bring your channel's ideas to light is a must.
- What positions and who do you need on your staff to make sure your idea plays well? That is up to you! It may vary from shoot to shoot, but having a rolodex of crew with the flexibility to work on a day's notice is very important. Working knowledge of the following sites is very important: Production Hub, Backstage, Crewscontrol.
AS A DIRECTOR/DP, WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING ABILITIES:
- Expert level technical proficiency with cameras, light and sound
- The ability to find the photographic heart of a script, develop the visual style and create the desired look using lighting, framing, camera movement, etc.
- Create shot lists, vision boards/director’s breakdowns, etc.
- Prepare a list of all required camera equipment, including lights, film stock, camera, cranes and all accessories etc., for the production.
- 5+ years of practical, related production experience as a Producer/Director/DP in TV, Film or Digital Media
- 3+ years as Producer/Director/DP on a 10+ person team, or relative on-set experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an outgoing personality are a must. People should like to and want to work with you!
- High interest and passion for content creation, story-telling, and “edu-tainment”
- Experience in producing talent-led series experience.
- Demonstrated track record in creative execution, aptitude to work closely with a creative team to represent the team's needs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the creative process from concept to completion.
- Ability to work closely with related divisions.
- The ability to select key freelance personnel for their assigned programs (writer, cinematographers, editors, cast members, etc.). Make educated decisions on needed creative staff to fully execute a production (i.e.: writers, directors, editors, etc.)
Jumpcut is an online education platform. We are replacing boring, lecture-style education with courses that are as addictive as your favorite TV show. Imagine if Netflix created educational courses: that's Jumpcut. We believe education shouldn't just be a means to an end. It should be so uplifting, so binge-worthy, and so damn entertaining, that it keeps you up all night; and in the end, change your life for the better.
If interested, please include a cover letter, detailed resume, portfolio and/or demo reel links letting us know why we should hire you. No calls or emails.
Back to top