Applicants must be local to GTA and be eligible to work in Canada at time of applying
No agency calls please
No solicitation from staffing or consulting companies
The Jonah Group is looking for experienced DBAs to join our team of accomplished tech professionals to build custom, high-quality software solutions.
What We Do:
Jonah has produced high quality commercial systems for the banking, auto finance, capital markets, health insurance and pension plan industries (to name a few). We consistently work towards designing and building high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on great user experience, robust architecture, and a perfect fit. Here at Jonah, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise alongside a team of software specialists who are passionate about what they do.
What You’ll Do:
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve query and database performance issues
- Provide project, business unit and operational support of Information Technology applications.
- Ensure availability, stability and optimal performance of enterprise databases
- Participate in Change Management processes including deploying database changes in all environments as requested, following change management standards and procedures
- Fulfilling service requests including database user access provisioning, attestations and audits, database refreshes, query tuning, code reviews and other improvement initiatives
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and alerts within defined service levels by following incident management procedures and contributing to root cause analysis
- Ensure appropriate database maintenance activities are scheduled and completed (e.g. index rebuilds, stats gathering, data refresh jobs, etc.) using appropriate script and scheduling tools
- Contribute to capacity planning by collecting, reporting and analysing resource and performance metric data
- Supporting disaster recovery initiatives by participating in the planning and build-out of DR processes and participating in scheduled DR tests on weekends
- Rotational overnight support on a weekly basis with a frequency of once every 5-6 weeks
Your Preferred Profile:
- 5+ years administering, managing and supporting Oracle 11g/12c in a Linux environment
- Expertise deploying, configuring, tuning and supporting Oracle RAC, Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Oracle RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and DataGuard
- Fully conversant with Oracle tools and utilities (sqlplus, srvctl, dpexp/dpimp, statspack / AWR / ADDM, DB Control, etc)
- Advanced scripting experience with UNIX/Linux shell, Perl, PL/SQL, SQL and T-SQL
- Demonstrated experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 and SQL Server high availability
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience in front- and/or middle-office capital markets terminology, processes, instruments, and regulatory considerations
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering
What You’ll Like About Working Here:
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- Annual training budget and professional development for fulltime employees
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you’ll look forward to coming in every day
- Enough coffee and tea to appease your daily caffeine fix
- Free food and beverages during events like Thursday Night Socials
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)
Feel free to send us your resume anytime to [email protected] We’ll keep your information on file (honest!) for that fateful day when preparation and opportunity collide, and together we will unleash your awesome skills on our next new project. Please include “276 – DBA” in the subject line. We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants as soon as we can.
For more information about the Jonah Group, please visit www.jonahgroup.com!
Meet Some of Jonah Group's Employees
Team Lead, Technical Architect
As a Technical Architect, Rod does software engineering of custom enterprise applications and consults with clients and organizations to find the best solutions for their projects.
Back to top