Value Chain Quality, Staff Quality Engineer- Janssen Supply Chain & Commercial Medical Technology
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Staff Quality Engineer and can be located anywhere in the Globe, including remotely.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
You, the Value Chain Quality Staff Quality Engineer will:
Plan, direct, and conduct projects that embed Proactive Quality in JSC/CMT Make to improve Product Reliability and drive strategic value for J&J.
- Support E2E Value Chain Quality strategies and segment based initiatives
- Lead projects of significance to the Company with full technical responsibility for executing and coordinating assignments aligned to Value Chain Quality (VCQ) framework.
- Identify unmet needs and support the deployment of quality tools related to the transfer of products, materials, and components within J&J or externally
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to ensure alignment with the end-to-end VCQ framework
- Deploy Quality Engineering tools and methods to drive efficient and effective product and process value throughout the product lifecycle.
- Lead and support innovative improvements designed to increase process capability, reduce risk, and grow organizational QE capability.
- Apply Quality Engineering principles and problem-solving skills to optimize products/processes and ensure effective risk management and prevent unanticipated failure modes.
- Review E2E trends and needs across areas of responsibility and deploy risk mitigation methodologies and tools to improve the quality of our products and services.
- Leverage processes and tools across J&J through strong collaboration with the business to accelerate value (JJOS, MFF, etc.)
- Support and mentor Quality Engineers
- Mentor engineers in terms of Quality Engineering skills.
- Collaborate with other Quality Engineers to execute initiatives within the E2E strategic vision.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in QE and principles to enable and drive standardization where it provides value (ie: FMEAs, Sampling, Control Plans), reduces risk, improves capability, increases value and/or regulatory compliance.
- Advance the Value Chain Quality E2E Vision
- Execute E2E Make strategies, best practices, methodologies to improve customer quality.
- Prioritize the Customer and full product lifecycle in deployment of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or relevant scientific/technical field and 6 years or more of relevant experience.
- Supports execution of strategic vision or plan by collaborating with other quality leaders to identify required Quality Engineering skills and competencies.
- Collaborates with senior technical leaders to deploy best practices for lab and production control methods.
- Knowledge of fundamental quality engineering principles such as PE/Lean methodology and tools / Process Validation, Risk Management, and Process Control & Capability.
- Capable of assuming technical hands-on leadership.
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in applying established tools and methods (for example, Six Sigma, Lean) to identify and realize new product or process introductions, as well as process and business improvements.
- Leads, contributes to the utilization of various risk management and risk mitigation tools and practices (for example, mistake proofing, critical control points, failure mode and effects analysis).
- Leads, and/or contributes to, root cause investigations using various problem-solving techniques and tools (Ex. K-T analysis), and assesses effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Implements, and/or improves production and process controls using appropriate techniques and tools (for example, advanced process monitoring and control tools, methods of statistical process control, process performance metrics).
- Mentors others in various technical capabilities.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and change management skills
- Functional knowledge of/and experience in Quality Assurance in Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals or other healthcare regulated products preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years broad-based technical/engineering expertise / experience in any of the following R&D / Source / Manufacturing / Engineering / Quality / Delivery or equivalent.
- Experience working in the regulated health care industry is preferred.
- Proven success in influencing teams as required.
- Ability to work in a matrix management environment and drive value cross-functionally as well as across segments/regions
- Showing initiative in innovative approaches to Quality challenges in a fast-paced, changing global environment.
- Must have strong collaboration and influence skills to partner effectively at all levels.
- Makes the customer central to all thinking.
- Problem solving and Credo-based decision-making skills.
- Bifocal approach - ability to zoom-in/zoom-out for strategic and tactical, high-level and detailed, etc.
- PE Black Belt (or higher) certification preferred, though not required.
- QE Certification preferred, though not required.
- This position can be located anywhere in the Globe, including remotely and may require up to 30% domestic and international travel, depending on the location of the role.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
North America-United States, Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top