Technology Summer Internship 2020
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Technology Summer Intern Program at Johnson & Johnson is a comprehensive learning and professional experience in the technology space at one of the world's leading health care companies. This program works as a feeder pool to our Technology Leadership Development Program for full-time employment, which student employees will learn about, and will be able to pursue upon successfully completing the internship and their degree program.
You will apply for one overall Technology Summer Internship position that makes him/her eligible for specific department opportunities. Our Intern positions are usually for 10 - 12 weeks of full-time work during the Summer months. Positions can be located in various locations throughout the US.
Your position could involve a range of Technology assignments which could include one of the following experiences (in addition to others): * Technology assignment and opportunities are based on business and organizational need.
Data & Analytics/Data Science
- Analytics co-op will have the opportunity to work with various aspects of Johnson & Johnson's business collecting data, analyzing, and applying machine learning techniques to derive insights for business partners. They will also help build analytical applications that work with large data sets.
- The co-op will be working within the J&J Corporate Business Technology (CBT) Organization. CBT provides global technology capabilities to J&J's Corporate functions, including Finance, HR, Procurement, Legal, IT, Compliance, Real Estate, etc.The Enterprise Project Management Office team manages the investment portfolio of all Technology projects globally and provides status, trends, health and metrics to executive leadership.
Research & Development
- This position will focus on development and delivery of Digital Health programs and initiatives within Janssen Pharma R&D IT. The candidate will research, pilot, and implement a variety of mHealth opportunities across multiple platforms, including biosensors, health tracking, and mobile devices. The candidate will be responsible for researching and piloting Digital Health technologies, including existing services within J&J and emerging services.
Supply Chain IT
- This position will focus on enabling and build technology pipeline, data analysis, and continuous process improvement in the supply chain organization.
You could expect to be responsible for the following roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute individually and/or as a team member to support a designated functional area
- Work towards goals and objectives assigned by experience owner (manager)
- Analyze business processes for reengineering opportunities
- Work within a group in technology that supports a functional area of the business
Successful Summer Interns are required to:
- Have permanent work authorization in the US. We cannot consider students requiring future sponsorship.
- Commit to a June 1, 2020-August 7, 2020 internship window
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, which is reflective of all college coursework.
- Be currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Preferred fields are Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Managed Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering / Development, Data Science or something equivalent.
- Ability to work full time (40 hours a week) during the summer internship
- A maximum time of one full year of full-time work experience (excluding internships, co-ops, and military).
- Have a passion for a career in technology.
- Students in their Sophomore year and higher are strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey--
North America-United States-Florida, North America-United States-Georgia, North America-United States-Indiana, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-Rhode Island, North America-United States-California
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Back to top