Staff Software Engineer, Algorithm
- United States
Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions company, is recruiting for Staff Software Engineer Algorithm, located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of rapidly growing the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
In addition to design, implement and test software solutions, she/he will be involved in specifications and requirements definitions based on clinical and user inputs. The position requires not only rock-solid C++ development skills, but also the ability to work closely with the other software engineers as well as engineers from other groups to lead efforts in developing and implementing numerical navigational algorithms for a sophisticated robotic system. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and function well within a team, that has the desire to bring the latest software technologies into the medical world, is self-motivated, curious and willing to redefine the world of surgical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Build specifications and requirements based on clinical and user inputs.
- Bring algorithms into C++ product level software in an FDA regulated environment.
- Design and perform testing and validation of selected solutions.
- Work with software and clinical engineers to develop algorithm for our surgical robotic platform.
- Lead design discussion and code review.
- Understand user needs, clinical needs & customer input requirements to drive software development.
- Work multi-functionally with clinical engineers, system engineers & scientists to architect and develop software application
- BS/MS in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience with BS, 5+ years with Master or 3+ years with PhD in developing desktop applications.
- Proficiency with C/C++ programming and multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with mathematics, computational geometry, or other graphic related technologies
- Experience developing and implementing numerical (for example, computational geometry, mapping, machine learning, vision, robotic) algorithms
- Strong background in object-oriented programming
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience architecting C++ Applications & Algorithms
- Experience with computer vision, for example OpenCV.
- Experience with the Visualization Toolkit (VTK).
- Experience with containers, for example docker or similar technologies.
- Proficiency in python.
- Experience developing software for safety-critical applications.
- Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and Validation processes.
- Familiarity with design controls and regulated environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 a plus
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
North America-United States
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Back to top