Staff Firmware Engineer
Johnson and Johnson Vision (JJV) is currently recruiting for a Staff Firmware Engineer in Santa Ana, CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient's lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
This product development Senior Firmware Engineering position is directly responsible for the execution of J&J Surgical Vision product firmware design, testing, and integration. Firmware engineering is the key interface between the R&D software development and electronics hardware control. It enables the basic software functionality and directly impacts the final product quality and safety.
• Execute surgical systems firmware code design.
• Collaborate with electronics hardware engineers to define control signals and functionalities.
• Execute firmware unit test and integration testing with application software.
• Organize code review and document software design requirements and descriptions.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, System Engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
• 6 years of forward-thinking real-time software and firmware engineering work experience is required.
• Experience working in heavy regulated industry/environment required
• Strong technical knowledge in real-time software (RTOS) preferred
• Firmware control loop algorithms is required.
• Strong experience in microcontrollers firmware coding design is required.
• C/C++ coding skill is required.
• Must be capable of reading and analyzing electronics circuits is preferred.
• Strong experience in software test tools and development process is required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
• Must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is preferred.
• This position is located in Santa Ana, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
Back to top