Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Staff Electrical Engineer , Robotics located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc. , a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures! Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
This position places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop sophisticated hardware designs. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team, and a desire to thrive in an exciting environment. You are expected to demonstrate sophisticated electrical engineering knowledge, be able to independently resolve approaches to difficult technical problems, and have communication capabilities vital to communicate broadly across engineering teams.
In this role you will:
- Develop electronics architectures from board to system level for sophisticated robotics devices
- Design mixed/analog, power electronics, and digital circuit design and layout of simple to sophisticated printed circuit boards and development of the required design documentation
- Facilitate board bring-up, test, and debug of newly designed electrical hardware.
- Participate in design reviews and design FMEA analysis.
- Work closely with multi-functional teammates to design and problem solve (software engineering, firmware engineering, packaging engineering, quality engineering, regulatory, clinical engineering)
- Act as a technical lead for subsystem projects with minimal guidance and act as a mentor to emerging engineers. Define priorities and execute on the same.
- Perform hardware testing for IEC medical safety and EMC standards such as IEC60601-1, IEC60601-1-2, CISPR22, ISO for safety and EMC compliance in a regulated environment (UL, TUV, FDA)
- Develop specifications, system protocols, test protocols for design verification activities and compliance testing in a regulated environment (UL, TUV, FDA)
- Communicate status, plans to the multi-functional engineering and program management team, with excellence
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- Minimum of a B.S. and 8 years of electrical engineering experience
- Proficient in Altium Designer or an equivalent tool
- Proven experience designing and developing complex electrical systems from feasibility through to production, from board to system level
- Proven experience of board level printed circuit design, including schematic design, PCB design in both analog/mixed signal/power electronic and digital domains
- Strong proficiency with lab test equipment including multi meters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Demonstrated ability of design and testing using oscilloscopes and other lab equipment
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting of sophisticated systems to include circuit issues, EMI/EMC/ESD mitigation
- Proven track record providing technical direction, guidance, and expertise
- Technical/design leadership and management of projects including external contractors, partners, and suppliers; we lead across the multi-functional teams
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with internal and external partners and engineering leaders
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- M.S degree
- Experience designing with FPGA/SoC devices (both hardware and circuit design)
- Experience with signal and power integrity tool sets
- Experience with electronics in safety-critical applications
- Experience in design and development for Medical Devices in regulated environments (FDA)
- Demonstrated experience of design, test and solving for medical safety and IEC EMC standards, such as IEC60601-1, IEC60601-1-2, IEC61000-4-6 or equivalent, for complex medical systems
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)