Sr. Scientist, Purification Sciences
- San Diego, CA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is seeking an experienced, highly skilled, and motivated analytical and separation scientist to work in our laboratories in La Jolla, CA, for the position of Senior Scientist - Purification Sciences, Discovery Chemistry. This position will require the candidate to possess and leverage deep knowledge and capabilities in Analytical and Separation Sciences to lead a small High Throughput Purification (HTP) team to provide purification services to discovery chemists. Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist will include:
- Design and implement a highly efficient High Throughput Purification workflow at La Jolla, CA site
- Lead the effort to identify, evaluate, implement and apply cutting-edge purification capabilities to support both chemical library samples and medchem singleton samples
- Implement capabilities to support non-small molecule modalities, such as peptide, oligonucleotides and bio-conjugates
- Lead an effective High Throughput Purification team to deliver fast turn-around purification services to meet business needs
- Streamline the purification, compound registration and distribution workflow
- Serve as a scientific expert in high throughput purification with both internal and external partners and provide recommendations regarding best practices and emerging new capabilities in Separation Sciences.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates to Discovery Chemistry leadership
- Maintain significant personal laboratory presence
- A minimum of a Master degree in Chemistry or related field with 7+ years of related experience is required; Ph.D. is a preferred
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a proven track record of managing High Throughput Purification capability
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience in Analytical and Separation Sciences. Expert knowledge of modern analytical and purification techniques, such as mass-directed reverse phase preparative HPLC and SFC
- Demonstrated experience with lab automation and compound distribution logistics
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required
- Up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top