Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Equipment Engineer, located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures! Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Senior Equipment Engineer will work directly with a team of experienced engineers to assist in fixture design and process development within mid to late stage development efforts. We are seeking motivated individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in complex mechanical engineering, advanced CAD, and simulation techniques. Typical responsibilities revolve around fixture and tool design, process development, and equipment & process validation.
In this role you will:
- Design and prototype mechanical fixtures and tooling - including CAD, manufacturing, assembly, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Generate design concepts and lead design reviews
- Write and execute equipment & process validation protocols and reports
- Perform process studies to determine critical inputs and outputs used to drive process improvements and make upstream product design recommendations
- Coordinate with different teams and coworkers to accomplish tasks
Required education, skills and experience:
- Minimum of a B.S in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 4 years proven experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- Hands-on demonstrated experience creating fixture assemblies, including use of CAD programs such as SolidWorks (or equivalent) to create models, assemblies, and detailed drawings
- Experience with prototyping equipment and tools, including machine shop equipment and/or 3D printers
- Self-starter with a proven ability to engage in proactive learning and remain productive with minimal supervision
- An empathic individual who engages in and facilitates a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration as needed
- Must be highly organized with the ability to lead multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and optimally prioritize projects and tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- This position is located in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 10% travel
Preferred education, skills and experience:
- Advanced Degree
- Experience designing, developing & sourcing complex capital equipment, both in-house designed equipment and sourced equipment
- Automation experience
- Medical device or highly regulated industry experience
- Experience with catheters or robotically controlled assemblies
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)