Sr Associate Scientist, Gene Therapy- AAV
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Associate Scientist position in Gene Therapy and Gene Delivery Platforms group of Janssen Biotherapeutics offers an exciting opportunity to help develop novel Gene Therapies for unmet medical needs. We are investigating the use of Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) vectors for gene replacement and to deliver therapeutic proteins to patients for disease prevention as well as treatment. This scientist will help produce and purify Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) for early discovery efforts in retinal, neuro, and infectious diseases. This position will also contribute to the development and characterization of AAV producer cell lines and other scalable AAV manufacturing technologies. Tasks will include:
- Cell Biology including mammalian cell culture, transfection, stable cell line generation, and conducting cell-based assays of infectivity and biological activity
- AAV and Adenovirus production in cell culture and virus purification by AKTA-based affinity/IEX chromatography
- Performing a range of viral titration and QC assays including qPCR/ddPCR, silverstain/western blotting, DLS/DSF, ELISA, and confocal imaging.
- M.S. with at least 6 years of relevant experience OR a B.S./B.A. with at least 9 years of experience, in the pharmaceutical industry or academic environment is required
- Hands-on experience with mammalian tissue culture for a minimum of 2 years is required.
- Experience with protein purification by affinity and ion-exchange chromatography is required. Experience purifying AAV vectors is preferred.
- Strong critical, scientific, and strategic thinking skills allowing individual to work independently with minimal supervision is required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)
Back to top