Software Engineer (1 of 3)
- Raritan, NJ
Medical Devices, LLC, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Software Engineer. This position can be based out of any of the following locations- New York, NY; Somerville, NJ; West Chester, PA; Raynham, MA; Cincinnati, OH; San Francisco, CA, or Irvine, CA.
As the world's most comprehensive medical devices business, we are building on a century of experience, merging science and technology, to shape the future of health and benefit even more people around the world. With our unparalleled breadth, depth and reach across surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions, we're working to profoundly change the way care is delivered. We are in this for life. For more information, visit www.jnjmedicaldevices.com.
Software Engineers at Johnson & Johnson are passionate about building technologies that make the world a better place. At JNJ, you will collaborate with others to solve problems and build some of the world's most advanced services and medical devices. Your efforts on the design, development, and testing of next-generation applications will have an impact on millions of people.
We are looking for engineers who are interested in leading, designing, developing, and fielding advanced software solutions that innovate and have direct impact to Patients and Medical Devices.
You'll work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. Amongst some of the traits we are looking for are technical curiosity, bold decision making, willingness to constructively challenge conventional practices, commitment to quality, and focus on customer value. You will have the opportunity to contribute to product strategy and architecture decisions, and to play a role in building novel internet-scale solutions.
- Work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions.
- Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions, managing your work according to project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software, and provide technical guidance to others.
- Voice your opinions and ideas and be open to hearing the opinions and ideas of your teammates.
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required. A master's degree is preferred.
- Experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience is preferred.
- Software development experience in Python, Java, C/C++ or C# is required.
- Familiarity and understanding of relational database systems and/or NoSQL database solutions is required.
- Familiarity & hands-on experience working in cloud environments like Azure, AWS or GCP is preferred.
- Coursework and understanding of data structures, algorithms, and analysis of algorithm complexity is required.
- Experience working on one or more of the following: web or mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development is required.
- Demonstrated problem solving, coding and debugging skills with a strong understanding of software release management is required.
- Any exposure to backend frameworks related to Java and/or Python development is required.
- Experience with frontend and backend communications using APIs, microservices, database systems etc. is required.
- Exposure and understanding of build, deployment & testing using automation and orchestration tools is required.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and scrum principles in relation to communication & collaboration with team members is required.
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a collaborative team environment is required.
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- An advocate for automation, reliability, scalability, security, customer trust and empathy, and engineering productivity is required.
- An attitude of continuous improvement, always open to learning new things is required.
- Desire to be part of the product/market fit stage of a company, with an appreciation for a data-driven culture is required.
- Strong Curiosity for cloud technologies, data, AI, and complex data pipelines is required.
- This position may require up to 20% Domestic and/or International travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-New Jersey-Somerville, United States-New York-New York, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Back to top