Senior Software Test Automation Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Software Test Automation Engineer, located Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Senior Software Test Automation Engineer in Advanced Development plays a key role in the testing of robotic systems for medical applications. The Sr. Engineer will create and review test protocols, perform manual testing on the hardware system, and mentor more junior members of the software test team. The Sr. Engineer will collect and analyze data to verify, validate and measure software product quality and performance throughout the software development lifecycle. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and function well within a team, and is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and develop test automation system
- Design and implement sophisticated automated tests for software and firmware
- Improve test automation scripts and coverage.
- Implement and execute functional tests, unit tests, stress tests and performance tests.
- Create or automate test protocols to be used for obtaining objective evidence of software risk mitigations
- Create or automate test protocols to be used for formal software verification
- Create or automate test protocols to be used for regression testing of software release candidates
- Execute tests manually according to the documented protocols when necessary
- Document and file bug reports in JIRA
- Track and report test results according to the documented protocols
- Perform hands-on testing of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Develop and execute software automated tests
- Participate in software build and release activities
- Participate in design discussions
- Other duties maybe assigned
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required
- 5+ years of experience testing complex systems is required
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience developing and/or using automated test frameworks is required
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Batch, Bash or Linux commands is required.
- Thorough understanding of the FDA quality system regulations as they apply to system verification and validation is preferred
- Knowledge on automated GUI testing tools such as Squish is preferred
- Experience in Design Control for regulated products and knowledge of applicable regulations (e.g. ISO13485 and 21CFR820) is preferred
- Experience testing complex medical devices is preferred
- Experience with dev-ops (build and release) is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Linux operating system is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic, is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Back to top