Senior Software Engineer, Clinical Applications (Robotics)
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer for our Clinical Application team to be based in Boston, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com .
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. As a Senior Software Engineer you will work in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver state of the art medical systems.
In this role, you will work with our surgical robotics team to bring to market products of the highest quality and commercial potential. You will work alongside others on multiple software development teams to align on a rigorous development approach. Surgeons use our software to operate surgical robots and support hospital staff use it to execute their duties. Through collaboration and open feedback, you will ensure that the team is dedicated to excellence.
The Senior Software Engineer reports to the Clinical Applications Software Manager within the Digital Orthopedic Surgery team. You will create software, design documentation and test documentation for Clinical Application software used in the planning and execution of surgical procedures such as joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine. Using our proven Agile processes you will reuse components from our existing software architecture and integrate new components into high quality robotics products used during surgery by orthopedics surgical teams in operating rooms around the world. Your collaboration with engineers in other functions and quality professionals will ensure our products meet the exacting standards for regulated medical devices.
In this role you will:
- Develop operational software components based on approved requirements or reported issues related to complex medical products.
- Perform unit testing and other verification activities to ensure modules operate with high quality and performance.
- Participate in software development team activities to estimate upcoming development tasks and integration strategies.
- Work with Quality Engineers and other stakeholders to create and review test plans and artifacts such as design documents, verification tests, system integration tests during the development, manufacture and support of medical device software releases.
- Develop artifacts for ongoing projects based on approved requirements and software modules forming each supported product based on a core object oriented architecture.
- Support the on-time completion of software release documentation activities.
- Deliver assigned work items and coordinating with other team members such as product scrum teams and R&D organizations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with our Quality Management System.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in C++ software development is required (robotics products preferred).
- Familiarity with medical device software regulations such as IEC 62304 and ISO 14971 and other FDA guidelines is preferred.
- Experience implementing product requirements and software module documentation is preferred.
- Experience with object-oriented design tools is required.
- Experience with real-time software development is required.
- Experience with documentation automation technologies is preferred (Ex: doxygen, Enterprise Architect, Confluence or similar technology etc.).
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from technology investigation, product development to deployment and customer support is highly preferred.
- Experience with Agile software development processes is preferred.
- Experience with continuous integration implementations is desired.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment is strongly preferred, such as medical devices and medical device software.
- This position may require up to 20% travel, both domestic and international, and will be based in Boston, MA.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
Back to top