Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Applications located in Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures! Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working on the Software Applications Backend team, helping to develop the infrastructure software that controls a real-time robotics system. These are the applications that empower the clinical staff to safely and effectively interact with the medical robotic system. You will be interacting closely with Clinical and System Engineering to test and develop clinical and user requirements. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is interested in revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a focus in C++ and Linux to join our team to work on our distributed system. The Applications Backend team manages the System Logic, Audio, Video, LED Lights, User Management and Notification Frameworks.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work with software and other engineers (clinical, systems, mechanical, electrical) as part of a focused cross-functional team developing software for medical robotic applications.
- Build Application software for a complex distributed connected medical device.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews.
- Work with engineering teams to support their business requirements.
- Drive the architecture and design of software components.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Minimum B.S (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent) and 4 years' experience in C++ development and Object-Oriented development or M.S. and 2 years of C++ and Object-Oriented development.
- Experience working with Hardware and product bring up required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux are required.
- Experience with Networking in a distributed system is preferred.
- Experience with Python, CMake, Bash preferred.
- Experience working in medical devices is preferred.
- Position is located in Santa Clara, CA and may require up to 5% travel.
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)