Senior Scientist, Parallel Medicinal Chemistry - Discovery Chemistry
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Parallel Medicinal Chemistry in Discovery Chemistry, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The newly formed Discovery Chemistry group is committed to the delivery of high quality drug candidates working with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TAs). This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Senior Scientist, Parallel Medicinal Chemistry, Discovery Chemistry. This position will be based at our drug discovery site in Spring House, PA.
We are seeking an experienced medicinal chemist with parallel synthesis expertise to advance small molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will partner with both internal and external medicinal chemistry teams to generate innovative solutions to synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges within the context of small molecule drug discovery projects. She/he will maintain close interactions with computer assisted design scientists, biologists, pharmacologists, and pharmaceutical development scientists. Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist include:
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Lead collaborations with medicinal chemistry teams, computational chemists and therapeutic area biologists to apply automated chemistry capabilities, such as parallel medicinal chemistry, modern catalysis screen, High throughput Experimentation (HTE) and High Throughput Purification (HTP) to accelerate Discovery programs
- Supervise and direct automated chemistry and medicinal chemistry activities internally and/or at contract research organizations (CROs)
- Analyze screening data, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute medicinal chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support compound progression and patent strategies
- Serve as a scientific expert in parallel medicinal chemistry with both internal and external partners and provide recommendations regarding new targets, new synthetic strategies and emerging external chemistry capabilities.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to Discovery leadership
- Drafting, executing and serving as lead author on research published in peer reviewed journals, and presenting work at scientific conferences.
- PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry is required
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred
- At least 3 or more years of experience at a pharmaceutical industry in medicinal chemistry Is required.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience in parallel medicinal chemistry and/or high throughput experimentation (HTE) is required.
- Strong track record of achievement in the synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic methodology development, with deep knowledge of modern synthetic & analytical techniques is required.
- Proven track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications, patents and presentations is required.
- Experience with computational chemistry methods and biophysical techniques such as X-ray crystallography is preferred.
- Independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations is required.
- Up to 5% travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top