Senior Scientist, Discovery Chemistry (1 of 2 positions) - Springhouse, PA
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Senior Scientist, Discovery Chemistry (2 openings) to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is seeking experienced, highly skilled, and motivated chemists to work in our laboratories, for the positions of Senior Scientist, Discovery Chemistry. We are seeking experienced medicinal chemists with outstanding organic synthesis expertise to advance small molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic. In this laboratory-based position with significant opportunities for laboratory-based leadership, the successful candidate will partner with both internal and external medicinal chemistry teams to generate innovative solutions to synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges within the context of small molecule and potentially peptide drug discovery projects. She/he will maintain close interactions with computer assisted design scientists, biologists, pharmacologists, and pharmaceutical development scientists. Strong people and mentoring skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist include:
• Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
• Developing and executing clear synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
• Independently designing and synthesizing drug-like molecules utilizing current medicinal chemistry knowledge, including property-based optimization, and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties.
• Collaboratively supporting the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates.
• Collaboration with structure-based design groups to impact rational design of molecules.
• Generating novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making.
• Contributing to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
• Presenting data and reports on project status at individual, group, and departmental meetings.
• Drafting, executing and serving as lead author on research published in peer reviewed journals, and presenting work at scientific conferences.
• PhD is required, in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry
• At least 3 or more years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related in medicinal chemistry is required
• Postdoctoral experience is preferred
• Strong track record of achievement in the synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic methodology development, with deep knowledge of modern synthetic & analytical techniques is preferred.
• Proven track record of scientific contributions to projects, including co-inventorship on patents is preferred. Senior or co-authorship on publications and presentations would be preferred.
• Experience with computational chemistry methods and biophysical techniques such as X-ray crystallography is preferred.
• Independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations.
• Up to 5% travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top