Senior Scientist, Computational Chemistry - Spring House, PA ~ or ~ La Jolla, CA
- San Diego, CA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Computational Chemistry, located in either Spring House, PA (Philadelphia area), or La Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking excellent drug discovery scientists to join the team to bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
As a Senior Scientist in the computational chemistry group, you will:
- Execute sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on Linux-based computer workstations to drive the discovery of new medicines
- Serve as a scientific expert in multi-disciplinary discovery project teams that include chemists, structural biologists, and other discovery scientists, by providing key expertise in the use and interpretation of structural data related to drug targets and their ligands/inhibitors.
- Clearly communicate the results of computational experiments and interpretations of structure to project team members.
- Develop novel computational methods and/or workflows to address key drug discovery questions.
- Collaborate with other computational chemists to incorporate new computational technologies in the project team setting.
- A PhD in Computational Chemistry or related field is required.
- Postdoctoral experience is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience post PhD in the application of computational chemistry (CADD) tools to drug discovery is required.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams is required.
- Familiarity with one or more standard academic or commercial computational chemistry packages (examples might include: Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, OpenEye) is required.
- A strong scientific track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or patent literature is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience with one or more of the following is preferred:
- Scripting workflows and implementing new algorithms.
- Applying cheminformatics toolkits and packages (e.g., Pipeline Pilot, KNIME, or ChemAxon) to analyze large scale data sets from multiple sources.
- Conducting high-throughput virtual screening.
- Applying ML/AI techniques to drug discovery.
- This position will be located in either Spring House, PA, or La Jolla, CA, and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
United States-California-La Jolla, United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top