Senior Robotics and Controls Engineer (1 of 2)
- Santa Clara, CA
Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Robotics and Controls Engineer, located Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Senior Robotics and Controls Engineer plays a key role in the development of a sophisticated robotic surgical system. They will understand the system from both a technical perspective and the user's viewpoint an contribute algorithms and software implementations that ultimately drive definition and development of Robotics and Digital Solutions. We will set a new industry benchmark for robotic surgical capability. We are looking for a candidate who can work independently and function well within a team. The candidate is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics. Additionally, they will work closely with other team members to control, simulate, and implement robotic systems.
- Work with software and other specialists (mechanical, electrical, clinical) as part of a focused, multi-functional team developing robotics software and algorithms for medical applications.
- Work closely with other robotics and controls engineers to craft, implement, and test robotic algorithms (kinematics, dynamics, controls, etc.) using C++ in a real-time and FDA-regulated environment.
- Work with multi-functional engineers on a robotic subsystem, including modeling, fault analysis, and hardware bring up.
- Build specifications and requirements based on clinical and user inputs.
- Participate in software design discussions and code reviews (both internal and multi-functional) for robotic algorithms and workflows.
- Identify and mitigate technical and project risks through coordination with teams in R&D and external collaborators.
- Master's or PhD degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Controls, or equivalent is required
- 3+ years of experience developing robotics applications for complex electro-mechanical systems is required
- Demonstrated experience with robot control algorithm development, implementation, and debugging is required
- Knowledge in robotic system design, integration, debugging, verification, and testing, especially in high-degree-of-freedom systems is required
- Proficient C++ development skills, including software design/architecture and hardware integration is required
- Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and Validation processes is required
- Collaborative teammate with excellent written and in-person communication skills is required
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
- 2+ years of technical experience in the surgical robotics industry is preferred
- Experience with real-time software applications and RTOS is a plus
- Experience developing safety-critical software is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is a plus
- Proficiency with multi-threaded applications is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic, is required
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
United States-California-Redwood City
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Back to top