Auris Health, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Product Development Engineer - Optics, located in Santa Clara, CA
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our Senior Product Development Engineer plays a vital role as a core member of the new product development team. They are responsible for working closely with design engineers, quality engineers, manufacturing associates, and suppliers throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle. The product development engineer is critical in influencing the design for manufacturing, defining the assembly process, test instruction, and transferring the product design to manufacturing. This role will collaborate with internal team members and outside manufacturing partners to drive the development & qualification of the comprehensive manufacturing system.
This person will be joining a hardworking and focused team on a high priority, must-win project within the Robotic and Digital Solutions organization. Are you interested in challenging yourself and shaping the future of surgery? Apply today!
- Support the development of multiple new product codes with differing technology across external supply base.
- Collaborate with the design team to provide DFX (manufacturing, assembly, and cost) input and enable translation of product design inputs to product and process outputs.
- Own the resolution of difficult engineering and manufacturing problems utilizing advanced CAD techniques, rapid and conventional prototyping, and other available technologies.
- Responsible for test, development, error proofing and qualification.
- Development and qualification of complex measurement systems and technologies.
- Process characterizations, DOE's, and optimizations.
- Creates process flow charts, FMEAs and control plans for new products with our Vendors.
- Creates process flow charts, FMEAs and control plans for new products.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, OptoMechanical or related degree, is required plus 6 or more years of test and process development experience required.
- Minimum 4 plus years of relevant work experience
- Strong DFM knowledge, including component manufacturing methods (e.g., injection molding, machining, fiber optics, camera modules, stamping, etc.)
- Experience in both design development and manufacturing development
- Experience with PFMEA, Process flow development, and/ormitigation control implementation
- Work experience within a regulated industry (e.g., automotive, aerospace, medical, pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Experience qualifying component manufacturing processes
- Strong technical communication skills and proven ability to work independently with external suppliers
- Experience working in new product development projects and partnering with design teams
- Experience in developing Product Specification with cross-functional team
- Experience with one or more of the following: laser welding, riveting, laser etching, soldering, pressing, joining, extrusion, over molding, coating, and/or design for assembly experiences
- Experience working on projects within design control regulations
- Experience executing engineering builds (i.e., assembly, end-of-line test, etc.)
- Advanced equipment development and/or external manufacturing & supplier management
- Process DOE execution (i.e., manufacturing process optimization, assembly process development/characterization/qualification)
- Fluent in German
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)