Senior Principal Scientist, DNA-Encoded Library Screening - La Jolla, CA
- San Diego, CA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Principal Scientist, DNA-Encoded Library Screening, located in La Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D. We discover high-quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small-molecule clinical compounds in all Janssen Therapeutic Areas.
The group is in a period of strong growth and investment. We have a global role in the identification of small-molecules for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs. Our major activities include assay development, screening, mechanistic studies and compound profiling. We place a strong emphasis on pharmacologically relevant models and new hit identification approaches. We interact with key partners for the delivery of goals and objectives, foster an environment of productive collaboration and positive communication, and cultivate excellent performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team. We interact collaboratively with internal Janssen teams and with external organizations in academia and industry.
You will establish DNA-encoded library (DEL) screening at the La Jolla research site, performed by a group consisting of Ph.D. and B.S. scientists. The group will develop and implement pharmacologically relevant affinity selections, develop next-gen encoded-library screening approaches and evaluate and run external collaborations. You will champion creativity aligned with therapeutic area objectives and will have the strategic foresight to help craft the future directions of the department.
- Design and implementation of hit-identification DNA-encoded library selection strategies that reflect the pharmacology to be modulated in drug discovery programs.
- Provide scientific and people leadership to develop innovative DEL selection schemes to discover chemistry program starting points that are pharmacologically relevant
- Contribute to the development and execution of new avenues for the department.
- Provide mentoring and career development leadership to your team and to others within the department as appropriate.
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Lead external collaborations.
- Publish research in high-quality journals.
- PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology or related areas is required.
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of Pharmaceutical industry experience is required
- A minimum of 4 years experience across the entire workflow of DEL selections, assay development and in vitro pharmacology is required.
- People management expertise (supervising, coaching, mentoring) is required.
- Experience leading external collaborations with partners in industry or academia is required.
- Creative publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals are required (please include full list with your resume/CV).
- Expertise with assay development (384 or 1536 well) using biochemical and/or cellular methods is preferred.
- Hit triage experience is preferred.
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA (San Diego area), and may require approximately 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top