Senior Principal Scientist, Chemical Biology/Chemoproteomics
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Principal Scientist, Chemical Biology/Chemoproteomics located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate will lead the Chemical Biology/Chemoproteomics Group in MCP consisting of Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists and will set standards for scientific rigor and excellence and build a culture of innovation that is fully aligned with therapeutic area objectives. The candidate will be the leading expert in Chemical Biology, Chemoproteomics, & Proteomics representing Discovery Sciences and contribute scientifically to discussions regarding external collaborations. They will build a cutting-edge team dedicated to the application of chemical biology/chemoproteomics techniques to drug discovery. Working with project teams across multiple therapeutic areas and sites, this team will be responsible for the evaluation and optimization of chemical biology probes, the discovery & development of covalent drug candidates, and building a platform for next-generation targeted protein degraders as therapeutic agents.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in chemical biology/chemoproteomics/biochemistry/cell biology or related field with 2-3 years of post- doctoral experience.
- 10+ years of drug discovery experience with a record of important contributions to development of novel clinical candidates or equivalent academic experience is preferred.
- Recognized scientific leader in the field of Chemical Biology/Chemoproteomics.
- Breadth of experience in development and application of Chemical Biology, Chemoproteomics, & Proteomics methods to drug discovery.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in Chemical Biology and Chemoproteomics techniques including activity-based protein profiling and related fields (e.g., assessment of proteome-wide selectivity, target engagement, & target deconvolution).
- Experience using proteomic methods to evaluate targeted protein degraders is preferred.
- Solid LC-MS and tandem MS background including hands-on experience with QE series mass spectrometers (QE, QE-HF, QE-HFX) and Fusion.
- Expert in quantitative proteomics methodologies (N15, SILAC, TMT labeling, label-free quantification), and fragmentation methods (CID, ETD, HCD).
- Expert in using Integrated Proteomics Applications software (IP2) - ProLuCID, DTAselect or other relevant search engines.
- Experience with protein post-translational modification analyses is highly desirable (phosphorylation, glycosylation, ubiquination, etc).
• Extensive experience in working in multidisciplinary teams and in application of biophysics, structural biology, and molecular, cellular, and in vivo pharmacology for optimization of clinical candidates is highly preferred.
- Strong capabilities to recruit, teach and develop/mentor both Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists are required.
- Excellent scientific leadership skills demonstrated by important contributions to strategic planning in chemical biology, chemoproteomics, and proteomics efforts are required.
- Outstanding record of external publications and presentations at major conferences is required.
- Record of success in leading collaborations with external research organizations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and/or public-private consortia.
- Excellent written and oral presentation capabilities is required.
- Experience as a drug discovery program team leader is preferred.
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas is preferred: Oncology, Immunology, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases, Neuroscience, & Infectious Diseases.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top