Senior Medical Writing Scientist
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Writing Scientist with locations in Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; Spring House, PA or High Wycombe, UK. This position may require up to 10% travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Medical Writing Scientist will prepare sound scientific documents using established templates and guidelines and will interpret and coordinate statistical and medical data into the appropriate organization and document structure to ensure quality and accuracy of content. You will be required to have in-depth scientific knowledge and will follow guidelines used for the preparation of medical writing documents. You will also be responsible for:
- Preparing and finalizing basic and complex clinical documents and will also prepare documents of high quality in terms of scientific content, with attention to format, consistency, and accuracy.
- Preparing documents within established timelines and in accordance with internal processes.
- Adhering to regulatory guidelines or journal/authorship requirements and ethical publishing standards, including internal guidelines, electronic standards and guidelines.
- Engaging in scientific collaboration with clinical and other functional areas to ensure integrity of documentation.
- Providing significant contribution for projects of low-medium complexity and take an increasingly active or lead role on assigned projects with respect to planning of content, format, scheduling, and tracking as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience OR Master's degree or equivalent advanced degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience OR PhD or equivalent with a minimum 3 years relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and organize scientific data (e.g. written clinical and/or regulatory documents for drug development, published manuscripts, etc.) is required
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- The ability to work well independently as well as part of a team is required
- Project management experience is preferred
- The ability to stay organized, manage time, and work on multiple documents/projects at once is required
- Experience using AMA, ICH, or similar guidelines is preferred
- Experience with medical writing document standards and processes is preferred
- Experience using document repository software (e.g. Documentum, ERIS) is preferred
- Research experience (including compilation of research reports or publications) in academia or the pharmaceutical industry or as part of a PHD, Pharm.D or postdoctoral program is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top