Senior Medical Science Liaison, Oncology-Solid Tumor, Upstate NY
- New York, NY
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of Johnson& Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for aSenior Medical Science Liaisonto cover the Upstate NY/VermontRegion
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com .
The Sr. MSL will focus on three critical areas, education, research, and territory excellence. In this exciting role, the Senior Medical Science Liaison (Sr. MSL) is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals and to internal partners as required by scientific and business needs. The Sr. MSL is considered the scientific and clinical expert on current products as well as the expansive oncology pipeline. The Sr. MSL is also responsible for staying abreast of current scientific and treatment landscape trends in prostate, bladder and lung cancer. The Sr. MSL provides high level research support for company and investigator-initiated research. The Senior MSL will meet with Healthcare providers in their area. You will make objective, fair balanced scientific presentations to external health care provider requestors and internal business partners.
Responsibilities are included, but not limited to:
- The Sr. MSL is responsible for building external relationships with the health care provider team (MD, PA, NP, RN, Pharm.D.) and developing and managing a geographical territory.
- The Sr. MSL is responsible for developing and maintaining a territory strategic plan.
- The Sr. MSL is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
You, the Senior Medical Science Liaison, will:
- Consistently demonstrate strategic territory planning and ability to build strong relationships within the territory
- Consistently maintain a Territory Strategy Plan and share insights/strategic planning details with Oncology MSL Leadership to include: A description of HCPs, academic and community practices and healthcare systems, regional influence patterns, referral data, research activity, changing external healthcare landscape, and description of field collaborative partnerships
- Demonstrate the ability to build community and academic opinion leader relationships
- A Doctorate level degree or equivalent experience is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, NP, PA)
- Post graduate experience is required with preference for oncology clinical experience (e.g., community/academic practice, cellular therapy [bone marrow transplantation, CAR-T])
- 1-3 years of previous industry experience, preferably in MSL role, is strongly preferred.
- Scientific Acumen: In-depth scientific and/or therapeutic knowledge and experience in the Oncology therapeutic area required; hematologic malignancy, lymphoma, myeloma, CAR-T OR solid tumor oncology experience highly preferred
- Some research and health care system knowledge is required
- Residency/fellowship preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- This role will support a specific territory and will require up to 70% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New York--
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Back to top