Senior Medical Science Liaison- Neuroscience, Northwest- WA, OR, ID
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison to provide fair balanced, objective, scientific information to health care professionals and to internal business partners for the current and future Neuroscience portfolio in the following region: Washington, Oregon, Idaho. Ideal candidate will reside in Seattle, Portland or other major city in the region.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior MSL is considered the scientific and clinical expert on current and future Janssen Neuroscience products. The Sr.MSL is also responsible for staying abreast of current scientific and treatment landscape trends in therapeutic areas of interest and is responsible for building external relationships with recognized experts, HCPs, and prioritized external stakeholders in the Neuroscience therapeutic and integrated health care systems. The Sr. MSL is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
1.Consistently demonstrate strategic territory planning and ability to build strong relationships within the territory
Consistently maintains a Territory Strategy Plan and shares insights/strategic planning details with Neuroscience MSL Leadership to include:
• A description of HCPs, their practice sites, and healthcare systems
• Describe field collaborative partnerships and strategic alignment within shared region
Demonstrates the ability to Build HCP Partnerships:
• Builds relationships and seeks to understand HCP perspective by approaching each interaction as an opportunity to build and strengthen relationships
• Conducts ongoing dialogue with customers to understand HCP perspectives including challenges when treating patients with SMI
• Integrates scientific data into real life practice to meet customer/audience needs, adapting interpersonal style to particular situations and people.
• Demonstrates effective methods of communication
Understands Research Initiatives:
• Leverages knowledge of standards of care and Janssen company/investigator sponsored clinical trials and competitor landscape to facilitate external-internal research communication
• Provides support surrounding Company Sponsored Studies as needed in accordance with health care compliance guidelines.
Conduct scientific exchange with HCPs and extended stakeholders:
• Respond to unsolicited scientific inquiries of Health Care Providers (HCPs)/investigators/health care systems/academic medical centers and population health decision makers integrating scientific data including real world evidence in to real life practice to meet customer needs
• Present data and information, including disease state awareness, in a manner appropriate to the audience and request. Via reactive and/or proactive outreaches as approved via the legal/HCC exceptions process to fulfill educational gaps
2.Consistently develops strong scientific acumen
• Actively engage and participate in scientific discussions on team calls
• Regularly share scientific news, findings, and insights with team
• Demonstrate awareness of current standards of care
• Engage in self-driven learnings on current scientific landscape
• Attend scientific conferences to gather, understand, and report on scientific information relevant to the company and the external scientific community
• Engage in Neuroscience project(s) that elevate team acumen or increase visibility
Demonstrates operations excellence and timely completion of assigned tasks, milestones, and required trainings
3.Maintains understanding and competence in the following areas: Neuroscience Franchise including Medical Affairs Field mission, vision and operating principles; operating company scientific data and objectives; market dynamics and competitive landscape; regulatory and health care compliance guidelines; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior
• Compliance with and adherence to assigned SOPs and guidelines
• Compliantly document activities within required systems
• Performs all administrative requirements in a timely, accurate and compliant manner (e.g. expense reports, company vehicle required documentation)
• Demonstrate competence associated with assigned therapeutic trainings
• Compliantly collaborate with commercial partners, and across Janssen Scientific Affairs
• Demonstrate clear understanding of health care compliance guidelines in accordance to SOPs and assigned trainings
• A doctorate degree is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, PsyD or other doctoral degree).
• A minimum of 3-5 years clinical or related practical experiences required.
• Neuroscience/CNS/Mental health experience and/or exposure is highly preferred.
• Previous experience working in or with integrated healthcare delivery systems is highly preferred.
• Previous industry experience preferably in MSL role is an asset.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must have a valid U.S driver's license.
• Requires travel of approx. 60% depending on geography (includes overnight travel); Candidate must reside in designated region; Ability to maintain an office in the home required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Oregon, North America-United States-Idaho
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top