Senior Medical Science Liaison, Cardiovascular Metabolism, IN & KY
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison, Cardiovascular Metabolism (CVM) to cover the following region: Indiana & Kentucky.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and appropriate product education to health care professionals in compliance with all policies and regulations. You must be recognized as having expert knowledge in the therapeutic area by key opinion leaders and may also serve as a therapeutic area expert to internal business partners as required by business needs. The Senior MSL is responsible for building external relationships with recognized experts in the therapeutic area, with the ability to identify and address scientific communication needs and stay abreast of the current scientific trends.
- The Senior MSL may participate in multiple scientific research activities under the direction of therapeutic area leadership. Specific activities may include: 1) participating in Life Cycle Management (LCM) and/or Indication Teams to develop data generation and communication strategies; 2) contributing to planning and execution of medical advisory boards; 3) contributing to research activities such as clinical investigator identification and study/project management; and 4) and contributing to scientific meeting presentations, manuscript generation and other approved data distributions
- The Senior MSL is required to conduct all activities under the direction of therapeutic area leadership, and in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines
- Execute approved field scientific communication plan under the direction of therapeutic area leadership and Field/Scientific Directors. Provide appropriate scientific information to opinion leaders and other key healthcare stakeholders using approved scientific content
- Provide clear, informative, fair-balanced and compliant response to medical information requests from healthcare professionals
- Participate in scientific content development under the direction of Scientific Director
- Participate in approved scientific outreach programs to solicit opinion leader guidance
- Participate in US LCM or Indication teams and contribute to data generation and communication strategies and may contribute to research activities including clinical investigator identification or other study activities as directed by therapeutic area leadership
- Contribute to for planning and/or execution of medical advisory boards under the direction of therapeutic area leadership
- Develop externally focused culture: solicit and synthesize external medical and scientific opinions to derive superior customer insight and drive thought leader engagement and partnership
- Act as medical and subject area expert to specific indications and/or products and/or activities to internal and external stakeholders
- May represent therapeutic area on assigned cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with MSL-Professional Education teams to provide scientific support/coverage of medical meetings
- Minimum BA/BS/MS degree with experience required. PharmD, PhD, MD highly preferred
- Subspecialty training, clinical experience, work experience and/or substantive research experience in Cardiovascular (CV), Anticoagulation, Thrombosis, Diabetes, Metabolism, Endocrine and/or related therapeutic area is required
- A minimum of 3 years working experience after receipt of degree required
- Previous MSL experience preferred
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodologies and ICH/GCP guidelines highly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with internal partners in a matrix setting are required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with key opinion leaders, health authority, payers and other external stakeholders are required
- Working knowledge of US health care systems and customers; specifically understanding business models and perspectives of managed care, long term care, public sector payers desired
- Working knowledge of regulatory and commercial compliance issues relating to research conduct and dissemination of scientific information preferred
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 60-70% travel within the region, including some overnight travel is required. Other travel for business meetings as required. Must live near a major airport and must live within 100 miles the territory border in order to be eligible for consideration
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Kentucky
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison
Back to top