Senior Manager, Technology Services Communications
- Raritan, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Technology Services Communications, located in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Technology Services Communications, is responsible for leading the execution of a wealth of high-impact internal and external communications programs to support Technology Services' strategic direction, key initiatives and business outcomes. The successful candidate must have demonstrated communications expertise and judgment and be able to deftly move between communications strategy and communications execution in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization. The ability to distill often highly complex and disparate information into easy-to-understand and coordinated communications, messaging strategies and elements is essential.
This role will partner closely across the Technology Services Change Management & Communications Strategy organization to ensure coordinated, holistic, actionable and effective communications and broader programming and will help to ensure that communications strategy and elements are coordinated and support the broader J&J Technology strategy and messaging.
This position is a hands-on role with responsibility for communications, measuring their effectiveness and ensuring excellence in implementation across the global Technology Services organization in support of the overarching J&J Technology direction. This role works closely with all levels of the organization and must possess strategic partnership and leadership skills and create and foster outstanding working relationships to drive optimal messaging for the organization.
Lead and develop internal and external communications
- Partner closely with Director, Change Management & Communications and Technology Services leadership to develop communications strategy and vision.
- Prioritize key programs to drive maximum impact and effectiveness
- Direct design, implementation and management of all communications programs and initiatives.
- Develop a proactive and strategic communications agenda that is aligned with and supports the vision of the Chief Technology Officer and the Technology Services Leadership team in advancing the organization's goals and objectives.
- Create a comprehensive and proactive communications strategy to support the Technology Services operating model and transformation across all stakeholders
- Craft messaging and content that supports the operating model transformation, and is aligned with J&J Technology messaging and strategy.
- Work closely with Technology Solutions Leadership Team to support their communications needs.
- Evaluate all communications channels and develop optimal strategy for leveraging appropriate channels to deliver maximum impact.
- Work collaboratively to design and implement thought leadership platforms
- Lead team of communications professionals to deliver excellence in employee and leadership communications, supporting longer-term strategic initiatives as well as individual emergent communications.
- Partner with Technology Services Change Management & Engagement team to help support all Technology Solutions leadership team engagements, including but not limited to Town Halls, Open Forums, individual leadership presentations and other engagements.
Measure communications effectiveness
- Establish a system to develop a measurement strategy for all communications tactics and associated strategies.
- Ensure reporting and analysis for all communications initiatives and strategies and relay this data effectively to senior leaders
- Provide insights - supported by data, analytics and appropriate reporting - on all communications projects and maintain visibility to key dates, decisions, milestones and issues.
Support the cultivation of an environment conducive to future-ready Technology Services
- Effectively motivate, challenge and inspire the team and stakeholders through on-message communications.
- Clearly articulate key messages that support operating model transformation and culture change; link communication elements appropriately to support change management and engagement efforts.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, business, English or a related field is required.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience driving communications strategies and initiatives for large, complex and highly cross-functional organizations
- Demonstrated large-scale communications strategy and execution for complex industries/organizations, ideally in technology in a global environment.
- Ability to deliver exceptional outcomes with a matrixed team of varying degrees of communications experience and expertise.
- Demonstrated results in communications strategy and execution in a global environment.
- Experience managing vendor and strategic partner relationships as part of multi-faceted program development and execution
- Ability to think, plan and act strategically while significantly contributing to execution
- Knowledge of relevant systems and functional methods for measuring and developing impact analyses for a wide range of communications programs.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in both oral and written communication; ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of mediums. Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with highly sensitive information
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; proficient at prioritizing in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience and understanding of key business processes, technical/systems landscape, overall trends, key solutions and issues. Ability to direct and lead multiple cross-functional project teams.
- Strong relationship building skills, able to influence internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment.
- Experience in translating and implementing vision and strategies into meaningful plans for the business.
- Sets clear expectations, monitors progress and holds people accountable to achieve the required business results.
- Must be able to act as a change agent and challenge the status quo. Ability to lead complex communications, marketing and brand initiatives in coordination and compliance with broader J&J Technology and enterprise direction and standards.
- Strong business acumen and decision-making/problem-solving skills required.
- Strong team player able to interact and lead at various levels within the organization required.
- Ability to lead and manage self-directed work teams; proven experience in managing large projects in a global context a must.
- Strong people management and collaboration skills essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Knowledge of corporate share and feedback capabilities (ie Yammer, Teams, etc.)
- Technology and/or healthcare industry experience
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Back to top