Senior Manager, Product Communications, Neuroscience
- Titusville, NJ
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Product Communications, Neuroscience to be primarily located in Titusville New Jersey with alternate work locations available in the NJ / PA area.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for the development of integrated communication and public affairs (C&PA) strategies to support the launch of ponesimod in Janssen's largest market. He/she will develop and execute internal and external strategies as the Company enters the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) market for the first time. Developing and managing new relationships with the MS patient advocate community will be a critical part of this role, which reports to the Leader, Neuroscience Product Communications.
The Neuroscience portfolio includes both in-market and pipeline compounds including INVEGA SUSTENNA ® , INVEGA TRINZA ® , SPRAVATO ® and ponesimod.
- Develop and implement innovative communication and public affairs strategies and programs in support of brand business objectives for the launch of ponesimod
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver integrated strategies that support uptake and access to ponesimod, including DTC programming
- Build stakeholder trust through proactive advocacy efforts, with a key focus on engaging and supporting the patient advocate community
- Develop and execute elements of the Janssen Neuroscience internal communication change plan to drive strong employee engagement around the shift from mental health to brain health, as we expand our portfolio of innovative medicines
- Identify potential brand-related issues and develop proactive issues-management strategies.
- Continuously convene and connect with business partners to foster alignment on key business actions and to assess and modify, as needed, ongoing communication and public affairs programs.
- Shape and influence business decisions and serve as trusted advisor to mid-level leaders, including marketing leadership.
- Establish and implement media analysis and outcomes metrics protocols to measure business impact of communication and public affairs initiatives.
- Develop and curate content that is compelling, relevant and grounded in stakeholder understanding and insights.
- Manage public relations agency; includes managing public relations budget, measurement and reviews
- Foster the sharing of best practice and learnings with cross-functional colleagues.
- Budget management
- Management of public relations and marketing agencies
- Management of consultants / temporary staff
Functional Communication Competencies
Core Communication Skills: Demonstrates skills in written and oral communication and the ability to obtain information, critique, edit and communicate effectively
- Writing and Editing: Demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audiences, highly effective writing style and expertise in high-impact messaging to wider and more strategic audiences
- Oral, Listening, Presentation: Shows expertise in delivering sensitive communication to large group / public forums and / or strategic parties. Observes subtleties that may escape the less experienced observer
- Critical Reasoning: Uses skilled perception and expert judgment to analyze issues and incorporates multiple perspectives in considering possible scenarios. Demonstrates flexibility in developing creative options and solutions
- Expert Perspective: Demonstrates deep understanding of public perceptions and issues as they pertain to the health care industry and therapeutic area market. Weighs risks and complexity of external factors in guiding and influencing message development. Identifies how information consumption is changing, and its impact on our business
- Strategic / Innovative Communication: Exhibits expertise in influencing business strategies and ensures alignment and impact of the strategic communication plan
- Organizational / Corporate Protocol: Exhibits expertise in evaluating opportunities that are most appropriate and beneficial to the business unit or corporation
Product/Market Knowledge: Understands the customer, product and market to effectively develop and deliver communications
- Product, Therapeutic Area and Disease State: Exhibits expertise in strategic planning for a therapeutic area / product / disease state or franchise within the context of a portfolio and pipeline of products. Provides counsel to leadership on ways to communicate strategies and key messages
- Competitive Environment: Demonstrates expert awareness and analysis of competitive environment and information, anticipates potential trends and threats; guides business partners and team toward creation and implementation of successful strategies
- Customer Groups: Demonstrates expertise in providing high-level direction for strategic communication to key customer groups; incorporates global thinking and understanding of business dynamics
- Global Perspective: Demonstrates expert understanding of global organizational issues. Leads, directs and promotes change to ensure global perspectives are taken into account
Health Care Environment: Demonstrates knowledge of health care environment and related legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Regulatory, Legal, and Compliance: Demonstrates expertise in interpreting regulatory trends from a communication standpoint; is proactive in identifying points of change and opportunities to impact the regulatory environment; has expert skills in strategic communication
- Current Affairs: Demonstrates expertise in redirecting, asserting, and / or reviewing broader organizational activities that may be impacted by world events. Initiates strategic change as necessary; identifies and anticipates societal trends
- R&D Process: Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the R&D process and scientific landscape (e.g., academic environment, key issues in research and science, industry context); foresees opportunities in internal and external communications and takes strategic steps to act on needs and requirements
- Industry / Government Affairs, Policy: Exhibits expertise in strategic communication planning based on changes occurring at a health care industry policy level and acts on opportunities to impact the regulatory environment
- Health Economics and Reimbursement: Demonstrates expertise in identifying and acting upon strategic issues related to health economics and reimbursement; analyzes content and provides forward-looking solutions
Reputation Management: Demonstrates the ability to build public trust and enhance the reputation of the business
- Organization Reputation and Equity: Demonstrates expertise in corporate reputation strategy as a way of enhancing operating organization and / or Johnson & Johnson image / brand. Serves and participates in public leadership positions that enhance public health or trust in organization
- Corporate Conscience / Counsel: Demonstrates expert judgment in critical decision making on issues impacting corporate reputation; is sought after as a trusted advisor
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A proven performer with a minimum of 7 years of experience managing healthcare public relations programs in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency.
- Direct health care / pharmaceutical / product experience required; relevant therapeutic area experience a plus
- Proven track record of successful DTC public relations / communication, corporate communication, product approval and launch communication support and / or media relations achievements
- Experience shaping and delivering public affairs strategies and programs is preferred.
- Professional experience across various social media platforms, including the development of social media planning and execution
- Ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives
- Experience in building patient advocate relationships
- Experience dealing with national and local lay, trade and social media
- Experience in managing project budgets / schedules
- This position is based in Titusville, NJ
- Minimal / moderate level of local and domestic travel
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
United States-New Jersey, United States-Pennsylvania
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Back to top