Senior Manager, Machine Learning (1 of 2)
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics group is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Machine Learning who will play a key role in our transformation journey of applying innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. This position has the option to sit in any J&J office in USA, but preferred locations are Fremont, CA, Seattle, WA, Irvine, CA and Bridgewater, NJ.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data - the great equalizer - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge machine learning analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals. The Senior Manager, Machine Learning role will set and execute machine learning strategy and provide technical leadership in driving high-impact deployment of innovative solutions across JJSC.
Major responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and deployment of machine learning strategy and solutions built on large amounts of internal and external data to drive predictive insights and improve business performance.
- Develop technology strategy and solution stack to enable end-to-end, scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders in various functional groups (e.g., manufacturing, operations, planning, procurement, engineering, quality assurance, logistics, R&D, product innovation) to identify, guide, and advise on advanced analytics application opportunities.
- Be a trailblazer in the implementation and deployment of Machine Learning algorithms, including supervised, unsupervised and unstructured supervised methods.
- Deep collaboration with IT and other members of Digital & Analytics community to drive innovative machine learning analytics and data science solutions, including data, tools, methods, and infrastructure.
- Keep in tune with industry trends, techniques, tools and use cases to steer internal improvement and innovation of Big Data Analytics and Data science.
- Provide individual and team leadership to data scientists to ensure they are growing their capabilities and achieving their career goals.
- Bachelor's degree is required in fields such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or any other related quantitative disciplines.
- Master's or PhD is highly preferred in quantitative fields such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or any other related quantitative disciplines.
- 7+ years of industry experience solving business problems through application of quantitative analytic approaches.
- Deep knowledge and strong technical competence in machine learning, statistics, data mining or related field.
- Experience with real-time sensor data analysis, IoT, and NLP is preferred.
- Experience and hands-on skills with Python or R are required.
- Experience with big data architecture and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.) is required.
- Background in programming in C, C++, Java is preferred.
- Hands on experience with operationalization of advanced machine learning analytics with track record of success and proven outcomes.
- Preferred experience in 'digital native' companies applying real-time advanced machine learning analytics throughout operational workflows with a clear vision for applying previous experience to healthcare supply chain such as Johnson & Johnson's.
- Solid understanding of BI and data solutions, including Power Pivot, cubes, data warehouse, and data marts.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation (Tableu, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) is preferred.
- Preferred experience in building, developing and leading a data science team focused on application of machine learning and big data analytics.
- Background in manufacturing and supply chain is a plus.
- Experience with optimization/simulation modeling techniques and tools (CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress, Arena, etc.) is a plus.
North America-United States-Washington-Seattle, North America-United States, North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, North America-United States-California, North America-United States-California-Irvine
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top