Senior Manager, Digital Health Sciences and Technology
- Cambridge, MA
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is the world's most comprehensive and broad-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the pharmaceutical, consumer health, and medical device markets. The more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ over 130,000 people worldwide.
Part of Johnson & Johnson's Global External Innovation organization, Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJI) constitutes a platform from which Johnson & Johnson identifies, catalyzes, contributes to, and accesses the most promising medical innovations at the leading life sciences companies and universities across the globe. J&J's goal is to build a pipeline of innovative products that will benefit patients and consumers and will augment long-term corporate growth. Operating within major hubs of innovation allows J&J the opportunity to access technologies earlier and to help translate them into products by contributing financial, intellectual, and human capital. The leading diversified healthcare company in the world, J&J seeks external innovation across a broad range of sectors, including biopharmaceuticals, medical devices, consumer healthcare, and digital health.
This role will report directly to the Head of Digital Innovation for J&J Innovation and will be responsible for the overall planning, strategic direction and daily execution of all Digital Health and Data Science IT related activities supporting the global team. This position will be instrumental in working with the various business leaders across the full Global External Innovation network as well as IT resources across J&J in a matrix organizational design. The position will proactively partner with Health technology and Data Science teams to drive business partner objectives. In this capacity he/she will have responsibility for engaging with partners on the technology sourcing, technical evaluation, ecosystem nurturing, and IT integration of early stage technology investments and support partnerships accordingly to connecting the right expertise and resources to successfully deliver against strategic objectives internally and externally.
The Senior Manager, Digital Health Sciences and Technologyleader will manage the pipeline of software, hardware, and connected platform IT evaluations across wearables and sensors, patient engagement, AI/ML platforms, and Digital Therapeutics from consumer, medical device and pharma applications. End to end technical due diligence and coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams. S/he will have active participation with all SLT members in providing the necessary advice and counsel on matters ranging from projects to the general pulse of the IT organization, maintain awareness of industry trends and best practices developing ways to incorporate those practices into J&J and the external innovation network.
- Information and Technology Consultancy to Therapeutic Areas and Data Sciences business partners. Through ongoing consultation with the business, this role identifies and analyzes business needs, works with department members to ensure scope and requirements are aligned and creates opportunities for innovation in process changes and technology enabled solutions for Digital Health.
- Manages the implementation of Digital Health programs by working with the appropriate business and IT stakeholders.
- Contributes to the strategic planning process and long-term direction for IT to help ensure aligned plans between stakeholders.
- Works independently in formulating creative ideas and solutions on products, processes, and systems, and focuses on creating effective communications.
- Conducts research into the business requirements, technology options both internally and externally to assemble business cases with clear business benefit and technical roadmap options.
- Builds and maintains strong partnership with strategic technology providers; Contributes to budget development and plays a key role in ensuring portfolio governance for the area.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Providing oversight and contributing to external research collaborations
- Acts as the IT innovation liaison for digital health and data science opportunities across Innovation Centers, JLABS, JJDC and WWDA/Lung Cancer Initiatives.
- Serve as primary IT Business Technology Lead for our Early Disease Interception organization.
- Bring technology innovation to IT strategies and roadmaps based on business objectives around digital health.
- Keep abreast of external environment and evaluate tools and solutions
- Assists in RFI/RFP processes and pilots as appropriate to evaluate relevant tools and capabilities
- Advanced expertise in Digital Health
- Knowledge of Pharma R&D
- Proficient in Data Science concepts and AI/ML lifescience platform trends.
- Strong understanding of the use of emerging technologies in Clinical Trials and related protocol design.
- A creative and innovative thinker who is equally passionate about understanding business processes / challenges, as well as technology solutions
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated growing understanding of current technology landscape, as it applies to pharmaceutical research and development
- Technical understanding of IT infrastructure and platform architecture and software development methods.
- A team player who has demonstrated working in a virtual, global team environment
- A self-starter with ability to thrive in a rapidly changing technology and business environment
- Strong interest in pharmaceutical drug development and clinical research, with a passion to learn and expand knowledge of clinical research challenges, processes, and regulations
- A minimum of a PhD degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field and a minimum of 8 years of academic (post-doc or higher) and industry experience,
- An understanding of pharma R&D business process foundations, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing business issues is required.
- Demonstrated accountability for some IT project roles: project requirements, specifications, portfolio management, project or service delivery - with some level of project management experience
- Demonstrated capability for business analysis and user requirements development.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Foundation in methodologies for system design, development, and implementation;
- The ability to work in cross functional teams with multidisciplinary backgrounds is required.
- 20% travel (domestic & international) is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top