Senior Manager Contracts Specialist Team
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for Senior Manager, Contracts Specialist Team. The position will be based at a J&J NJ, PA or MA location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Senior Manager, Contract Specialist Team is responsible for leadership and strategic direction of a team of subject matter experts in clinical investigator contracting for clinical trials. The Senior Manager will focus both a strategic support model and managing operational escalations from a team or contract negotiators. The Contract Specialist Team creates, maintains, and trains on the contract templates and fall back language. In addition, managing complex negotiations of master agreements, site specific and other complex agreements.
Leads a team of Contract Specialists that supports the negotiation of investigator site contracting in support of clinical trials within agreed timelines and to the highest quality possible. Contract Specialists in general have a legal or paralegal background. Develop employees via HR Planning programs and training to meet current employment opportunities and endorse the value of a diverse work force;
Assist in recruiting, managing, coaching/mentoring, workload prioritizing, and evaluating cross-functional staff members. Manages or leads the negotiation of complex agreements and master agreements. Works closely with leadership to align and present plans to meet objectives in these areas. (30%)
Accountable for the successful execution of the support model as it relates to clinical trial contracting including identifying of areas for improvement and adapting processes to meet stakeholder needs while balancing efficiencies obtained through standard processing; ensure compliance with corporate process, systems, and strategies. Partner with stakeholders that are globally located; establish and maintain strong working relationships with J&J risk management, J&J legal, insurance broker(s), privacy, vendors, clinical teams, operating company representatives, and other identified stakeholders to efficiently execute the C&G support model. Manages and develops the strategy to create, maintain, and train on contract template and fall back language (30%)
Serve as a subject matter expert for clinical investigator agreements, department policies, and processes; Act as point of contact for resolution of any ad-hoc inquires related to C&G department. Partner with stakeholders that are globally located; establish and maintain strong working relationships with J&J risk management, J&J legal, insurance broker(s), privacy, vendors, clinical teams, operating company representatives, and other identified stakeholders to efficiently execute the support model. Identify and promote best practices (30%)
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions and tasks. Other duties may be performed as assigned. (10%)
Decision-Making and Problem-Solving:
Follows standard company policies and procedures for not only procurement, but applicable standard operating procedures for clinical investigators and procures associated with the area. In addition, The Senior Manager, Contract Specialist Team, will have subject matter expertise in contracting with clinical investigators, specifically contract legal language and terms.
This role is within the Contract & Grants Department, within Research & Development Procurement and reports to the Director, Global Site Contracting Resource Center within Contracts & Grants
Will work closely with key decision makers from Legal, Health Care Compliance, Regulatory, Risk Management, Privacy
Connect: Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
• Cultivate external relationships and partnerships.
• Be insight-driven to uncover unmet needs.
• Forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise.
Shape: Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
• Translate insights into viable products and solutions that create value.
• Take and manage risks.
• Challenge the status-quo; lead and adapt to change.
Lead: Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority.
• Take ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development of self and others.
• Maximize the power of diversity and inclusion.
• Engage in transparent and constructive conversations
Deliver: Drive results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
• Empower people to act with speed, agility, and accountability.
• Demonstrate a global and enterprise-wide mindset.
• Balance short and long-term strategic choices
Live Our Credo: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
• Serve as a role model for making Credo-based decisions.
• Create a trusting, collaborative, and ethical work environment.
• Maintain the highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability.
• Champion programs and initiatives that support our environment and communities
- Juris Doctor (JD), Master of Laws (LLM) or local equivalent.
- At least 8 years' experience with contract law in the pharmaceutical/clinical research industry and/or equivalent competencies in relevant fields with demonstrated ability to conduct contract negotiation, legal research and analysis.
- Fluency in English.
- Must have a working knowledge of the clinical development process.
- Strong and proven issue identification and problem resolution skills.
- The candidate must have business acumen and demonstrate strong leadership skills, a proven ability to promote team productivity and cohesiveness, and provide clear direction.
- Excellent communication skills required with the flexibility to manage through ambiguity with minimal direction.
- Must be able to handle high volume of work, meet very aggressive deadlines, and motivate team members.
- Must experience managing direct reports and demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a strong drive to mentor and coach team members.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Previous work in international and virtual environments.
United States-New Jersey-
North America-United States-Massachusetts, North America-United States-Pennsylvania
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top