Senior IoT Systems Engineer, Digital Surgery
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sr. IoT Systems Engineer, Digital Surgery. This position can sit in Cincinnati, OH or Somerville, NJ.
As the world's most comprehensive medical devices business, we are building on a century of experience, merging science and technology, to shape the future of health and benefit even more people around the world. With our unparalleled breadth, depth and reach across surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions, we're working to profoundly change the way care is delivered. We are in this for life. For more information, visit www.jnjmedicaldevices.com. *Comprising the surgery, orthopedics, and interventional solutions within the Johnson & Johnson's Medical Devices segment
The IT R&D Product Innovation group's mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and improving Johnson & Johnson's medical device products. We are looking for a hardworking Sr. IoT Systems Engineer to drive our Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) capabilities in the field of Robotic Surgery. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and comfortable presenting to R&D software engineer. The candidate can handle complex systems with interlinking dependencies across multiple IoT solutions, passionate about solving complex problems and well-adapted software engineering design disciplines. We invite you to become part of a high-energy team that is improving patient's lives and the introducing creative new technologies to the health care industry.
- Utilize system thinking principals to organize the interlinking requirements and software modules that encompass the IoT solutions.
- Lead, collect, and maintain requirements and traceability for the IoT solution(s).
- Lead risk management process including the identification and mitigation of failure modes (FMEAs).
- Craft verification and testing strategies.
- Work with medical device software engineers to identity the engineering requirements, testing needs, and traceability artifacts required for the design history file (DHF).
- Partner across multiple operating segments including application development and Cybersecurity to realize the IoT vision.
- Domain expert in software engineering quality management systems (QMS).
- Collaborate across the J&J matrix to define and deliver standard IoT platform(s).
- Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their IoT needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and develop overall solution requirements including application definition, integration, security, and system configurations.
- Build and roll-out new design processes to SCRUM teams.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in IT or related engineering field is required. A master's degree in IT or related Engineering field is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering processes is required.
- Experience delivering software projects utilizing FDA Design Controls is required.
- Experience collecting and documenting requirements is required.
- Experience leading risk management and failure mode analysis (FMEA) is required.
- Experience creating and executing verification strategies is required.
- Experience executing in an Agile software development methodology is required.
- Ability to manage the low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the Digital Surgery strategy is required.
- With little supervision, able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others is required.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience is preferred.
- This position can sit in Cincinnati, OH or Somerville, NJ and may require up to 20% travel, domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Back to top