Senior Imaging Algorithm Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
Bring your talent for image and video processing to the field of robotic surgery! Johnson & Johnson's Robotics and Digital Solutions group, born of Silicon Valley startups, is recruiting for a Senior Imaging Algorithm Engineer to join the team developing the endoscopic vision system for a revolutionary new surgical robot! The engineering team at J&J is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Imaging Algorithm Engineer will be responsible for developing, simulating, assisting with the implementation of, characterizing, and tuning video signal processing algorithms. The role exists within the Vision Engineering team which develops, builds, and tests surgical laparoscopy systems as part of a larger surgical robot team. Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze candidate and existing image pipeline algorithms using bit-accurate methods and determine suitability for application versus alternatives. Communicate analysis and selection process to other team members
- Characterize and tune the image signal processing pipeline by working with FPGA engineers, optical systems engineers, and clinical engineers to determine requirements, then developing data acquisition and analysis processes, capturing data in the lab, and performing analyses.
- Represent the algorithms function in the refinement of requirements and failure mode effects analyses.
- Establish and maintain strong, productive relationships and collaborations across functional and organizational boundaries
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or related degree; an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of product design experience
- Signal processing modeling experience
- Video pipeline tuning experience
- Algorithm development experience
- Strong capability in MATLAB or Python
- Experience translating requirements into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs, required
- Excellent collaboration with cross-functional teams to prototype solutions and refine implementations to meet end user requirements
- Medical device experience
- Imatest experience
- Simulink experience
- Experience with camera/image sensors and real-time video signal processing
- Hands-on experience with image capture devices such as frame grabbers
- Experience with machine vision algorithms
- C++ coding ability
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
What J&J Offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pension Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
This position will be located in our Santa Clara, CA offices.
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)
Back to top